Ross Barkley

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
baildon blue said:
grim up north said:
Don't get me wrong the lads got talent .

But I don't think he his good enough to play at City , at the present

I don't see Real Madrid trying to buy him , so why should we .

So because Madrid don't rate him it means nobody else should?
Well who would you rather have , Toni Kroos, Gareth Bale ,Ronaldo or Ross Barkley .
I think I would have any of those 3 over Ross .
Plus your paying a lot dough for home grown talent .

baildon blue said:
grim up north said:
baildon blue said:
Not bothered about him . Still as a lot of growing up to do at Everton .

It would be like buying Jack Rodwell mark 2 at the present .

Really
Don't get me wrong the lads got talent .

But I don't think he his good enough to play at City , at the present

I don't see Real Madrid trying to buy him , so why should we .

Good players with home grown status are in short supply and thus are often priced above their true value. That home grown status would be useful to City and other English clubs but not Real Madrid. That's why home grown players rarely go abroad, and when they do the club still has to pay the premiums (Bale world record).

For what it's worth, I think Barkley's the best home grown player around now when seen as a long term investment.

I'm taking my Man City hat off here, i think if we signed Barkley from Everton at this moment of time we could ruin this lads career. He needs to stay at Everton for a good few seasons, let him develop as a player grow him in to a team where he plays week in week out. Let him become a player thats pivotal in the way the team plays. If we sign him now he would just get lost in our talent, and may become stagnant on the bench, coming on for a few subs appearance.

Agree, he should stay at Everton 1 more year at least, Martinez great coach knows exactly how to improve Barkley. He did have some good games last season, some great moments, but is 1-2 season away from consistent great games from one week to the next. In that 1-2 seasons he has to play a lot, being a regular possibly 30+ league games per season would do him really good.

To come here and play a few games and sit on bench a lot is not the best for him.

Like Bale needed that 2-3 years at Tottenham until he became a beast. If he would have signed to Real around 3 years ago instead of last summer he might not be as good as he is now.

John.des said:
Agree, he should stay at Everton 1 more year at least, Martinez great coach knows exactly how to improve Barkley. He did have some good games last season, some great moments, but is 1-2 season away from consistent great games from one week to the next. In that 1-2 seasons he has to play a lot, being a regular possibly 30+ league games per season would do him really good.

To come here and play a few games and sit on bench a lot is not the best for him.

Like Bale needed that 2-3 years at Tottenham until he became a beast. If he would have signed to Real around 3 years ago instead of last summer he might not be as good as he is now.

Make an agreement where we sign him this season and load him back???

Daz_Blue said:
waspish said:
Put a down payment down now for us to buy in two season time

Its not Rumbelows :)

Were it not for the transfer cap this would make great sense - but as we have a 49m limit it would be positively stupid to use all out transfer money on someone who we loan back to another team

Robbo. said:
I'm taking my Man City hat off here, i think if we signed Barkley from Everton at this moment of time we could ruin this lads career. He needs to stay at Everton for a good few seasons, let him develop as a player grow him in to a team where he plays week in week out. Let him become a player thats pivotal in the way the team plays. If we sign him now he would just get lost in our talent, and may become stagnant on the bench, coming on for a few subs appearance.

I'm fully in agreement that he should stay for another season, but beyond that if he came to us it's up to him to force his way into the first team. If he's *that* good getting lost in our talent shouldn't be an issue. Yaya doesn't get lost, neither does Silva, or Kompany, or Aguero. Everything people are saying is Barkley will be that good, so if he came and barely played a game for us (or was crap when he did) I'd struggle to see how that was our problem.

I think buying Barkley now with a view to bring him in next season is a great idea. If he has a fantastic season he will cost more in 12 months, if he has a poor season we could still get our money back (we wouldn't not bring him on after one poor season obviously, but it's a pretty low risk deal as long as we're not paying 50 million for him tomorrow). Either way he's not hanging around for 2 seasons - At his age Rooney was playing Champions league football already, and had been for a couple of seasons.

adrianr said:
Robbo. said:

I'm fully in agreement that he should stay for another season, but beyond that if he came to us it's up to him to force his way into the first team. If he's *that* good getting lost in our talent shouldn't be an issue. Yaya doesn't get lost, neither does Silva, or Kompany, or Aguero. Everything people are saying is Barkley will be that good, so if he came and barely played a game for us (or was crap when he did) I'd struggle to see how that was our problem.

I think buying Barkley now with a view to bring him in next season is a great idea. If he has a fantastic season he will cost more in 12 months, if he has a poor season we could still get our money back (we wouldn't not bring him on after one poor season obviously, but it's a pretty low risk deal as long as we're not paying 50 million for him tomorrow). Either way he's not hanging around for 2 seasons - At his age Rooney was playing Champions league football already, and had been for a couple of seasons.

Exactly. If he is good enough and wants to play at the top level then it would be up to him to accept the deal and then come to City and show everyone what he has got and force his way into the team.

At the moment he is arguably the best young English talent around, but in my opinion he is still short of the level we require. In an ideal world we should see how he progresses over the next season or two and then look at signing him then, he may cost a bit more, but at least then we will know hes the real deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.