Ross Barkley

£50m for Barkley? The markets gone mad if that's what he goes for. The same is said about Shaw at £30m.

If we really want him this season i don't think the FFP cap would have much impact on it. Most clubs rarely pay transfer fees upfront. There's no reason why we can't offer a small fee now with the rest (probably more than he's worth to sweeten the deal) to be paid the following seasons. Could even make it largely performance based like we are doing with renewed contracts.

Fact is he's very raw and i don't think any of the big clubs want to risk the money needed to get him. He needs another season at Everton to prove himself and start producing some end product on a consistent basis before he pushes for a move to a big club.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
I think it's telling that no club outside of England gives a shit about him...

They will but they would have taken one look at his ridiculous English premium price tag and just forgot about him.

If he was Spanish I reckon he would be valued around the £15m mark, not £50m.

ninjamonkey said:
If we really want him this season i don't think the FFP cap would have much impact on it. Most clubs rarely pay transfer fees upfront. There's no reason why we can't offer a small fee now with the rest (probably more than he's worth to sweeten the deal) to be paid the following seasons. Could even make it largely performance based like we are doing with renewed contracts.

Fact is he's very raw and i don't think any of the big clubs want to risk the money needed to get him. He needs another season at Everton to prove himself and start producing some end product on a consistent basis before he pushes for a move to a big club.

Our current sanctions don't work that way. Even if we pay in installments, it would count as a 1 off expense for this window.

More intriguing however is a loan with a non-negotiable offer to buy. Like offer 10 million loan fee upfront, with an offer to buy for lets say 30 million at the start of July 2015, and agree with the player that if the club chose to activate that option he will have to join.

Not sure how that would be reflected in FFP terms.

bluechampion7891 said:
ninjamonkey said:

Our current sanctions don't work that way. Even if we pay in installments, it would count as a 1 off expense for this window.

More intriguing however is a loan with a non-negotiable offer to buy. Like offer 10 million loan fee upfront, with an offer to buy for lets say 30 million at the start of July 2015, and agree with the player that if the club chose to activate that option he will have to join.

Not sure how that would be reflected in FFP terms.
It's not down to our sanctions, all transfers are put through the books as a flat total fee (I believe).
As for the 2nd part, there's no way UEFA would let us get away with that and I doubt we would do it anyway. There's no need for us to 'cheat' the system, after this season (which won't really affect us anyway) we're free and clear.

As an evertonian i just couldn't see martinez selling him this summer - a number of interviews with everton fan sites has had him positively gushing about him.

The lad himself is as good as english prospect as i've seen in a long time - strong quick two footed can go past players either side - a real star in the making. That said (as with most young players) his performances range from the sublime to the abysmal.Playing under the pressure of a big price tag would be massively detrimental to his development right now.

Just one other point about everton being skint - at the last egm our chief exec was intimating that due to the new tv deal our next set of accounts should show a £25-£30m profit and given the fact we can only raise the wage bill by £4m then the subsequent year should also show a substantial profit. In short it means (i think) that players like barkley would have to force a move as opposed to the banks putting the squeeze on the club.

Thanks for beating the rs to the title

sam-caddick said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
I think it's telling that no club outside of England gives a shit about him...

They will but they would have taken one look at his ridiculous English premium price tag and just forgot about him.

If he was Spanish I reckon he would be valued around the £15m mark, not £50m.

The Germans (at least these Germans) think he is about £10m

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ross-barkley/profil/spieler/131978" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ross-bar ... ler/131978</a>

Like everything else, transfermarkt is subjective of course. But maybe add in the "premium to English club" and 15 sounds about fair.

quadvod said:
As an evertonian i just couldn't see martinez selling him this summer - a number of interviews with everton fan sites has had him positively gushing about him.

The lad himself is as good as english prospect as i've seen in a long time - strong quick two footed can go past players either side - a real star in the making. That said (as with most young players) his performances range from the sublime to the abysmal.Playing under the pressure of a big price tag would be massively detrimental to his development right now.

Just one other point about everton being skint - at the last egm our chief exec was intimating that due to the new tv deal our next set of accounts should show a £25-£30m profit and given the fact we can only raise the wage bill by £4m then the subsequent year should also show a substantial profit. In short it means (i think) that players like barkley would have to force a move as opposed to the banks putting the squeeze on the club.

Thanks for beating the rs to the title
As an Evertonian you know that it won't be down to Martinez, Bill's the man you need to watch carefully.
"Thanks for beating the rs to the title", any time ;)
Thanks for getting Martinez as your manager, I was afraid the rags would have got him. I've always thought he was a top guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.