Ross Barkley

green pennies said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I suppose we can spend what we want on Barkley as long as he's not registered for the Chumps League. As far as I've been told FFP only relates to European Competition and not the other 3 competitions that we enter in England. Is this correct?

"Welcome to City, Ross, it's great to have you. Your locker is over here, the kitmen have laid out all of your practice gear here, the toilets are over thatta way, tea is served starting at 4:00, and oh, you're not going to be in our Champion's League squad. Cheers!"

Tizz the the only way we could afford to buy him this season, but as it all sounds bollocks who cares. I just want this friggin Centre Half to sign flap flap flap!!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I suppose we can spend what we want on Barkley as long as he's not registered for the Chumps League. As far as I've been told FFP only relates to European Competition and not the other 3 competitions that we enter in England. Is this correct?

Yes, but the PL has their own FFPR rules, which say that our wage spending can't increase by more than a certain figure every season, which in practical terms restricts us to not signing big-money players unless they are a like-for-like replacement for someone else who has gone through the door in the opposite direction.

If £40m came in for Barkley he will be sold, Everton can't turn that sort of money down surely?

I really don't see us buying him this summer though.

sam-caddick said:
If £40m came in for Barkley he will be sold, Everton can't turn that sort of money down surely?

Yep Everton will not think twice about that but none of the top 4 are in any kind of rush to sign him.

sam-caddick said:

They're well in the black from last season having made a mint on Fellaini so I don't think they need to sell. I guess it's a matter of whether they think clubs would ever pay more for Barkley. If he really excels next season then I think they could easily be looking at £50m+ in the current market. He's obviously not worth that much compared to similar foreign players, but that homegrown tax is absolutely huge at the moment.

CityStu said:
sam-caddick said:

They're well in the black from last season having made a mint on Fellaini so I don't think they need to sell. I guess it's a matter of whether they think clubs would ever pay more for Barkley.

And whether Barkley has shown any inclination of signing the new contract that was supposed to happen earlier in 2014. 18 months left... his value depreciates very soon.

Everton fans seem to think he could renew before the season starts.

LoveCity said:
CityStu said:
sam-caddick said:

They're well in the black from last season having made a mint on Fellaini so I don't think they need to sell. I guess it's a matter of whether they think clubs would ever pay more for Barkley.

And whether Barkley has shown any inclination of signing the new contract that was supposed to happen earlier in 2014. 18 months left... his value depreciates very soon.

Everton fans seem to think he could renew before the season starts.

bless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.