Ross Barkley

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
johnmc said:
If that's true about the champions league squad what's the earliest he could play? The second phase? Next season?

He could play from the off, he's not 21 until Christmas so doesnt need to be named on a list.

no, only players who have been at the club for 2 years and are U21 need not be registered. That why Nastasic qualifies for this year whereas player like Barclay for e.g. if brought in won't

bluechampion7891 said:
johnmc said:
If that's true about the champions league squad what's the earliest he could play? The second phase? Next season?

He could play from the off, he's not 21 until Christmas so doesnt need to be named on a list.

no, only players who have been at the club for 2 years and are U21 need not be registered. That why Nastasic qualifies for this year whereas player like Barclay for e.g. if brought in won't
True, but besides that I think he was referring to the spending cap only applying to new players registered for the CL and whether we could then register him at the end of the group phase.

ColinLee said:
bluechampion7891 said:

True, but besides that I think he was referring to the spending cap only applying to new players registered for the CL and whether we could then register him at the end of the group phase.

Actually I was basing it off Mario not needing to be on the list in his first season with us. Ive dug out an old extract below referring to that scenario, I dont know if they have changed the rules to close the loophole ?

Crappy old extract from a couple of seasons back said:
In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under. This means that Manchester City's new £22.5m striker Mario Balotelli, who is just 20, does not need to be named in their 25-man squad. According to the Premier League: "An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010/11 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1989."

ColinLee said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Actually I was basing it off Mario not needing to be on the list in his first season with us. Ive dug out an old extract below referring to that scenario, I dont know if they have changed the rules to close the loophole ?

In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under. This means that Manchester City's new £22.5m striker Mario Balotelli, who is just 20, does not need to be named in their 25-man squad. According to the Premier League: "An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010/11 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1989."

Wasn't Nastasic on the b list for both the previous seasons ?

ColinLee said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Thats for the Premier League. For the CL you have to be at the club for 2 years or more and be under 21 (same definition of U21 as PL).

ColinLee said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Sorry, my fault. I was referring to johnmc who was asking about the FFP cap only applying to the CL :-
johnmc said:

Couldn't we get enough funds by selling our players to go for Barkley which would keep us under our net spending limit? With all the rumors about selling Nasty and Garcia and even Jovetic I could see it.

Nasty - Good player, but if Pellers sees Rekik just as capable 15mil. sounds like a good deal.
Garcia - 10mil. Would help get one foreign player off the squad.
Jovetic - I like him, but injury prone. 20mil. Unloads another foreign player.

45mil?

That's not even including guys like Richards, Sinclair and whoever else we sell.

I know a lot of people like Jovetic, but Barkley is much in the same mold to me. Even though Jovetic is considered a striker, he and Barkley have good ball handling skills. I think Barkley is adaptable and could actually play a number of positions. He can play the #10 in a 4-2-3-1 or as an inverted winger who will come inside. He could give Silva or Nasri a rest when needed. I could even see him coming on as a second striker like Jovetic did. His goal against Newcastle was unbelievable. I know Jovetic is young and has promise, but so does Barkley. In a few years he could be molded to take Yaya's spot too. Oh yeah and he's homegrown!

Larry Stranger said:
Couldn't we get enough funds by selling our players to go for Barkley which would keep us under our net spending limit? With all the rumors about selling Nasty and Garcia and even Jovetic I could see it.

Nasty - Good player, but if Pellers sees Rekik just as capable 15mil. sounds like a good deal.
Garcia - 10mil. Would help get one foreign player off the squad.
Jovetic - I like him, but injury prone. 20mil. Unloads another foreign player.

45mil?

That's not even including guys like Richards, Sinclair and whoever else we sell.

I know a lot of people like Jovetic, but Barkley is much in the same mold to me. Even though Jovetic is considered a striker, he and Barkley have good ball handling skills. I think Barkley is adaptable and could actually play a number of positions. He can play the #10 in a 4-2-3-1 or as an inverted winger who will come inside. He could give Silva or Nasri a rest when needed. I could even see him coming on as a second striker like Jovetic did. His goal against Newcastle was unbelievable. I know Jovetic is young and has promise, but so does Barkley. In a few years he could be molded to take Yaya's spot too. Oh yeah and he's homegrown!
You, Jovetic and Barkley are Welsh then?.

Sadly I don't think we'll be able to pull this off this summer. We need to offload a lot of players and it doesn't look like many clubs are interested in our dead wood. Shame because I think they will pressure him into signing a new contract and then next summer his price tag will be eye watering and will have competition from nearly every big club. Fucking FFP.

A player I see us going for. Not a priority right now.
But I'm sure that the club can keep him sweet until next season when the time will be right to make him one of our 2015/16 marquee signings.

I can only see him wearing a Manchester City shirt in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.