Ross Barkley

squirtyflower said:
Nightmare Walking said:
Would people be happy in the 35-40 million range?
Nope

There is no way we will get him for less than 30 million. I do not think there is any chance of Everton going down and will be comfortably mid table come the end of the season. I know they have financial troubles but their outlook has improved with the increase in tv revenue.
I think their fans would go into full on revolt if we managed to steal him off them.

I do think he is a real talent. He's only young and I think £30 million to get best out of him for 5 years would be good value. He's not the same type of player as YaYa but would no doubt improve with better players around him and give us the sort of attacking variety we may need

I don't have to be happy with the fee, the club do.

If they're happy to pay it then fair enough. Although I doubt any fee for Barkley will be anywhere near £45m in the summer if Everton don't have the bare minimum of European football to offer him.

Andouble said:
25 mil absolute tops, and that's with the homegrown premium.

Lescott cost us 24 million though years ago. Not a chance Everton selling us their brightest starlet for pretty much the same price they sold us Lescott for.

The worry for us is United bumping up the price. If he is as good as most people seem to think then I reckon they would be be sniffing about.

Remember the markets inflated prices, 40m £ sounds like a lot, but only because players prices rise as more money come into football.

If we are going to paying that amount of money for a midfielder then either Koke or Pogba are the most realistic players on the market.

Nightmare Walking said:
Would people be happy in the 35-40 million range?
Absolutely no fucking way. Bollocks to all this buying potential crap. For 35-40 mil you want the finished article. 20 mil tops for potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.