Rotation?

SrilankanBlue

Not sure this merits a new thread but I think its important.

So in December in the league we have

WBA Away

Southampton Away

Arsenal Home

Fulham Away

Liverpool Home

Palace Home

I think we will have to play our best XI in the Arsenal and Livepool and also imo the Southampton game,

so which league games
do we rotate Aguero/Negredo, Zaba/Clichy and Fern/Yaya. The obvious drop in quality when we rotate worries me specially in the Away games. I'm worried about running Aguero and Fernandinho in particular into the ground. Fern is key to the way we play as we saw at Sunderland and he is not used to playing so many games in the winter.

Forwards doesn't worry me so much, I think we've had forced rotation in defence all year.

But midfield worries me, the replacements aren't close to being as effective as Yaya and Fernandinho. I think if we are going to rotate through the middle we'll have to play three.

No rotatation play our best 11 when we can and till they drop we cannot afford anymore slipups!

Except for Bayern as this is a dead rubber game and this time we have the luxury of fielding a weakened team.

No rotation - We have lost enough points when we have played the likes of Garcia, Kolarov and Dzeko together. Better to rest some players against BM in that case.

It is a very good Christmas schedule on paper and we should be able to win 5 out of 6 with our best team. With our 'second team', I doubt we would get 9 points.

If players are worn out after December, we can always strengthen in January.

Got to agree to drop off in talent when we rotate is scary, so I think we have to keep rotation to a minimum. So play the best 11 v WBA and then assess players before weekend game to see who is fit and fresh and only rotate if necessary and not just for the sake of it. Do this on a game by game basis and we may be surprised at the number of our squad able to play two games a week without breaking or being burnt out.

Im not a fan of rotation for rotation sakes but if Pellers staff report a player is tiring then that player has to be rested. A tiring player is more likely to get injured and a long term view has to be taken. For me its better to have a player starting thats 100% than one thats at 80%.

I also dont buy into what seems the accepted norm here at the moment that below our best XI we are poor especially in midfield. All or midfielders are internationals and althogh i accept Yaya is irreplacable the others can all do a job if needed.

Wholesale changes like we saw for Plzen wont happen in the Prem but the odd player here and there should not upset or current rythym

Rascal said:
Im not a fan of rotation for rotation sakes but if Pellers staff report a player is tiring then that player has to be rested. A tiring player is more likely to get injured and a long term view has to be taken. For me its better to have a player starting thats 100% than one thats at 80%.

I also dont buy into what seems the accepted norm here at the moment that below our best XI we are poor especially in midfield. All or midfielders are internationals and althogh i accept Yaya is irreplacable the others can all do a job if needed.

Wholesale changes like we saw for Plzen wont happen in the Prem but the odd player here and there should not upset or current rythym

Just one word Garcia!!! I rest my case!!

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Rascal said:

Just one word Garcia!!! I rest my case!!

What a brilliant arguement that is. Have you considered advocacy?

SrilankanBlue said:
Not sure this merits a new thread but I think its important.

So in December in the league we have

WBA Away

Southampton Away

Arsenal Home

Fulham Away

Liverpool Home

Palace Home

I think we will have to play our best XI in the Arsenal and Livepool and also imo the Southampton game,

so which league games
do we rotate Aguero/Negredo, Zaba/Clichy and Fern/Yaya. The obvious drop in quality when we rotate worries me specially in the Away games. I'm worried about running Aguero and Fernandinho in particular into the ground. Fern is key to the way we play as we saw at Sunderland and he is not used to playing so many games in the winter.

It's a definite concern this. The league is so tight you can't afford to drop points anywhere, and every time we give the fringe players a chance, the drop in quality is very noticeable. Personally, I'd rest Kun, Dinho and one of either Nasri or Silva for the game at Leicester and the Palace game only. The Bayern game I'd write off altogether and rest Kompers, Ya Ya, Silva, Aguero, Nasri and the Beast. Wouldn't be popular with those who've paid to go out there, but there's gonna be some very heavy legs in the squad before too long if we don't, not to mention injuries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.