Rotation?

I reckon we'll see rested players in Bayern away, Leicester away, Palace at home (perhaps sacrificing the cricket score possible with our first team, but being at home against a team that weak, that seems the obvious place to rotate for me, should have enough to get the three points.) and maybe fulham away but that would be a bit of a risk.

I think a lot of our second string has attitude problems, so when they all play together there's a notable drop off in effort and sync.

Rascal said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Rascal said:
Im not a fan of rotation for rotation sakes but if Pellers staff report a player is tiring then that player has to be rested. A tiring player is more likely to get injured and a long term view has to be taken. For me its better to have a player starting thats 100% than one thats at 80%.

I also dont buy into what seems the accepted norm here at the moment that below our best XI we are poor especially in midfield. All or midfielders are internationals and althogh i accept Yaya is irreplacable the others can all do a job if needed.

Wholesale changes like we saw for Plzen wont happen in the Prem but the odd player here and there should not upset or current rythym

Just one word Garcia!!! I rest my case!!

What a brilliant arguement that is. Have you considered advocacy?
Have you watch us play when the likes of Garcia, Kolarov, Dzeko all start together?

I'm just a firm believer in 'strongest 11 starts'. I think MP is edging ever closer to that strongest 11 and seems to be taking less chances with his line ups than he did toward the beginning of his City tenure. Long may it continue cos our strongest 11 can beat most.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Rascal said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Just one word Garcia!!! I rest my case!!

What a brilliant arguement that is. Have you considered advocacy?
Have you watch us play when the likes of Garcia, Kolarov, Dzeko all start together?

Sorry i bow down to your obviously superior judgement as you must watch all the games and be an expert. Well done for completly missing my point by the way. Perhaps with you watchig everything so closely you can point to where my post advocates starting the likes of who you stated all together. Thanks for your help.

With Silva and Jovetic back we'll have higher quality replacements. I do believe that Rodwell is ahead of Garcia when fit. Problem is he is never fit.

Moyes does it quite successfully, this week he rotated Wellbeck for Young, although Young is clearly the more experienced diver.

We need to be very careful. You can't have huge changes, but the idea of playing your best 11 for every game is suicidal (especially in December/Jan), just asking for problems/injuries. Mancini used to rotate well, I believe Pellers can too now he seems to have an understanding of his squad.

Also, especially in home games, if we've killed the game by half time, start getting our top players off ASAP.

Its very tempting to say just play our strongest 11 at least for the next 3 league games. The trouble is that our back ups are generally suffering from a lack of game time and, in most cases, a lack of confidence. Its a case of ever decreasing circles. The fewer games they play the less effective they'll be if we do need to call on them. Richards in particular needs to play if he's to get back to his best. If Pellegrini isn't careful we could be down to an effective squad of 16 players for the rest of the league and CL season.

I hope pellers has learnt one thing and that is not to rotate too many at the same time
He got it wrong v sunderland and i cant see him doing it again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.