Rotherham (FA Cup) Post Match Thread

injured, 4th official subbed on as the new liner

(took ages as they had to rig him up with radios etc)
Isn't the fourth official already miked up though. Took his shirt off and someone put something on his arm and that was that but it took a ridiculous amount of time. And why no added time in the second half?

The attendance didn't look too bad there today, apart from the usual patchy look to the North/Family/whatever Stand. Was level 3 open? I thought we'd do well to get somewhere in the mid-thirties today. Particularly with it coming in the middle of a four game run of home games. AND just after Christmas as well, when finances would be stretched. Well done to those blues who made the effort today.

I was surprised too. Walked inthe sout stand just as the opposite end had all the flags out, looked to each side and it was almost full. I'd been told 3rd tiers weren't going to be open so was really nice to walk in and see it like that. Atmosphere was about as good as youd expect playing rotherham. Was ok though at least it was silent for 90 mins.

Isn't the fourth official already miked up though. Took his shirt off and someone put something on his arm and that was that but it took a ridiculous amount of time. And why no added time in the second half?

unknown why it took so long, but they were wiring him up! and i actually cant remember if it was the 4th official or another official, dunno.

2nd half, yeah, this one will just split opinion - i personally dont care that he blew up dead on 90, it was an utter thrashing why bother playing on? in the league they would be investigated especially as goal diff plays a role, but here it doesnt, why prolong it. That's just my view on it.

injured, 4th official subbed on as the new liner

(took ages as they had to rig him up with radios etc)

Ta I saw the lino run off and thought the same one came back on.

Note to self, don't have a 4th pint on a Sunday lunch.

He's probably miked up with a headset and a radio clipped to his waist, which wasn't secure enough for running the line.

No idea on the added time.

unknown why it took so long, but they were wiring him up! and i actually cant remember if it was the 4th official or another official, dunno.

2nd half, yeah, this one will just split opinion - i personally dont care that he blew up dead on 90, it was an utter thrashing why bother playing on? in the league they would be investigated especially as goal diff plays a role, but here it doesnt, why prolong it. That's just my view on it.
Might as well blow up on 80 minutes then. Refs can't decide to blow up just because one team is losing heavily...

Raz is almost becoming the first name on the teamsheet. A bit awkward today when he scored and we couldn’t sing his song. Need a new song for Raz, without which I don’t think we are the same side. So many great players but Raz is becoming something special.
Thought exactly this as few started singing he's top of the league, when we're currently 2nd.

Might as well blow up on 80 minutes then. Refs can't decide to blow up just because one team is losing heavily...

well, not a bad idea! would save us the palava!

joking aside, it has to be 90 mins bcos of the cup rules;

"The duration of each match shall be 90 minutes, except in special cases, provided for in these Competition Rules, where an extra 30 minutes shall be played. The Referee shall allow for time wasted or lost through accident or other cause. The Referee is the sole judge of allowance of time whether lost through accident or other cause and his decision on this matter is not subject to appeal."

well, not a bad idea! would save us the palava!

joking aside, it has to be 90 mins bcos of the cup rules;

"The duration of each match shall be 90 minutes, except in special cases, provided for in these Competition Rules, where an extra 30 minutes shall be played. The Referee shall allow for time wasted or lost through accident or other cause. The Referee is the sole judge of allowance of time whether lost through accident or other cause and his decision on this matter is not subject to appeal."
I am fully aware of the laws, my point was about blowing up dead on 90 mins.

I am fully aware of the laws, my point was about blowing up dead on 90 mins.

well, why did you bother saying 'might as well blow up on 80" if you were fully aware that couldnt happen? bit of a waste of time?

anyway, you asked about blowing up on 90, i said my opinion was that it didn't matter, you obviously disagree, the rules say it's the ref's discretion. Sorry i cant be of more assistance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.