Roughest grounds you've been too and biggest scraps!

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Manchester33, 20 May 2013.

1. Tbilisi

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
    Team supported:
    City and Darlington FC
    Went that night from Liverpool where I lived at the time,2 - 0 down in about 10 mins.Its the game where Nevin took that awful penalty.

Right about Alex too!

2. lancs blue

lancs blue

I probably know you by sight BM, I was one of those who was locked out of the coaches that day (75/76 it was, my first visit to WHL) and I also had to leg it around the corner to get away from that crew. I just remember a half-brick whizzing past my head and landing on the pavement and then I was off. As you say it was lucky that the cops turned up in time as we made our way back or fuck knows what would have happened. It had been bad enough inside the ground, no segregation and me and a couple of ex-schoolmates who lived in London ended up on the paddock underneath the old Shelf terrace, had to keep our mouths firmly shut for 90 mins.

3. IOWBlue

IOWBlue

Talking of Charlois ( Belgium ) did anyone go to the pre season friendly about 2008/9. Went with the wife and kids, aged 6 and 7. Drinking in the square before the game and i could tell it was only cos i was a "family" bloke that i wasnt attacked. Got in the ground and a small firm of City had been at it with the belgians. One of them, a woman, had a huge black eye. Coming out of the ground, the City "firm" of about 20, headed off with shouts of " come on lets do the effing belgian bar stewards". I didnt hold out much hope for them though.

4. poyntontom

poyntontom

elland rd, is the worst ground i've been to, i'll never forget watching lancs v yorks either. madness is bred into these lunatics, i saw a man threaten a woman with a knife,as she refused him a ciggy.never been back to headingley since. elland rd i'll not forget too.

5. Blue Streak

Blue Streak

Seen it mentioned elsewhere in this thread. The testimonial game at Bolton for Nat Lofthouse in 1989 was a mental battleground outside after. I was only 14 and we were all kept in for ages on that uncovered end at Burnden Park. When we were eventually let out all along Manchester Road it seemed every thug from Bolton was out for the event.

6. skyblue1894

skyblue1894

Who's hotel? ... cheeky tw*t

7. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

I was at this game too. The cops could have put the Geordie kids back into the Gallowgate End at the far corner and that would have solved the problem, but no, the gormless twits just put them into our corner and, as you say, that was the signal for the thugs to get on to the running track only to be put into our section. It was threatening right from the off, and when we launched our first big cheer [I'm not sure if it was for a missed chance or a disallowed goal] it all kicked off behind us. That was the game where a City fan ran onto the pitch in protest though I didn't see it myself, being too busy watching my back. I can now say that this is the only game I have ever left a ground before the half time whistle, and I wasn't the only one either.

But what really pissed me off was that there was going to be a big inquest on these crowd disorders, yet nothing happened. Then, weeks later, Swales was commenting on drink being the cause of football violence and he used words such as [not exact quotes] "I am certain that alcohol is the cause of the violence that occured when CITY SUPPORTERS rioted at Newcastle." We were badly let down by this man in so many ways, not least of all in a comment like this.

8. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Elland Road after the FA Cup 3rd round win.
    Bullocks coaches were bricked - drove back to Cheadle with a force 10 gale blowing through the coach.
    +
    The New Den. Tuesday 29th September 1998. Thought I was going to die getting back to the Hilton Hotel where I was staying. Yes we were kept behind in the ground till 10:30pm but it was still a fecking nightmare getting away from the ground. Especially as the Police vanished by the time we got 400 yards away from the ground. I also left the main group of City fans making their way back to Euston at London Bridge and had the misfortune to be spotted by a couple of Millwall fans - I have never run so fast in my life. God knows if the rest were to get a train back to Manchester. It must have been 11:15 by the time they got to Euston.

9. gkmcfc

gkmcfc

10. lancs blue

lancs blue

Some of us were making our way back to tube stations in North London where we'd parked the car, no way I was parking near the New Den. We were kept in that long I was starting to think I'd miss the last tube to Cockfosters. I remember when we got off the train at London Bridge there were two lines of cops in full riot gear waiting, as if we'd been causing all the trouble!