Roy Hodgson

No doubt that tub-thumping happy hammer will be on here soon to tell us all how stupid we are, but Roy Hodgson has been ridiculously out of his depth since the day he took this job on. A truly shit football manager overseeing a bunch of mediocre shite. I'd say I told you so, but I'd be wrong; it was France I expected to embarrass us, not the mighty Iceland.

Grag the rag Dyke goes in July so he won't be involved in appointing a successor.
The FA have always muttered about wanting an English manager since Sven and Crapello, so who the hell is English with good managerial credentials? Eddie Howe perhaps, but doesn't he struggle at the first shout of "show us your medals"? BFS has won as little as Howe but is simply more experienced.
The advantage with BFS is that he can add a small amount of polish to a turd and we probably wouldn't have lost to Iceland but can he really improve us past a last 8 team?

Symptomatic of all that is wrong with the national team. A man who was nothing more than a puppet for the FA to control. The next choice will no doubt be as uninspiring and safe.
Whilst I have no interest in the England set up its still a shame to see them let down the many many who do care. I suspect they must be used to it by know though.

Hodgson being given a new contract after the farce in Brazil in 2014 was the main reason I abandoned all interest in the England national team. I haven't watched any of the Euro matches and feel much better for it. I genuinely couldn't give a fuck. I've been happily watching the cricket in the meantime. Roll on next season.

A manager out of his depth from day one selects a captain who can barely string 3 words together never mind give any sort of leadership on the pitch, add to that a squad of players that is obviously not good enough to go any further than quarter finals in any competition, what do people expect only failure?

Gareth Southgate is nailed on for it.

The FA will appoint a yes man who will pick the usual players no matter what because shirt sales and a full Wembley desperate to see their clubs heroes is all that actually matters a bank accounts fill up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.