Roy Hodgson

Why? Are you a jock?

I'm as English as they come
I just can't get behind the national team when it has shrek in it (by default) and that clueless wanker in charge
The last time I really wanted to see England do well in a tournament was the Japan Korea world cup and even then players were selected by which club they played for, not on talent or form
I don't know if it's the old City gallows humour, but I start laughing when England fail to turn up and get beat and I find myself watching England wanting certain players to fail

I'm as English as they come
I just can't get behind the national team when it has shrek in it (by default) and that clueless wanker in charge
The last time I really wanted to see England do well in a tournament was the Japan Korea world cup and even then players were selected by which club they played for, not on talent or form
I don't know if it's the old City gallows humour, but I start laughing when England fail to turn up and get beat and I find myself watching England wanting certain players to fail
Players are definetly selected on form rather than team now, Rooney apart. In 2002 the team had Vassell, Hargreaves and Mills in it also think Sinclair played a good part of that world cup as well. 2-3 man u players in the team

Outdated yes man.

No balls, no clue. He had a team playing well in the pre tournament build up. It was young and exciting. Then the tournament starts and he bring in the same old players who have failed before and actually plays an eleven that hadn't played as a team in any of the build up games. He's an old ****.

There are two things I don't understand about him:
- how did he keep his job after the 2014 World Cup?
- what has he done that qualifies him to be the England manager in the first place?

The luckiest man on the planet. He must thank his lucky stars every morning he's landed such a job. Outdated, stubborn and tactically inflexible, yet he will stay in the job to the 2018 WC, because there are bigger dinosaurs employing him. England have made heavy weather against 2 poor teams, they will scrape past Slovakia, and top the group, meaning a game against either Romania or Switzerland in the next round. They'll make heavy weather again against another average team, then go out to the first decent team in the quarters. The FA will judge that as "success", because its better then going out at the first round, like in 2014 (big difference when you play decent teams in a group) and extend his contract to 2018.

In all honesty, given the players he has to choose from, any half-competent football manager would do a better job than Woy.
There is no fucking way I couldn't have got England through that qualifying group. As for the Euros? I think their group is one of the easier ones, and they'll qualify. His test will come not in the next round, but the one after. With the squad he has, last 8 is the bare minimum. Hopefully, he'll fuck it up at that point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.