Roy Hodgson

I think he is a poor manager - period !

However, the way the media in this country suck up to the Rags / Dippers , even the best manager in the world would have a problem selecting an England team due to the pressure of meeting the expectations of the total fuckwits who follow the team.

However, the way the media in this country suck up to the Rags / Dippers , even the best manager in the world would have a problem selecting an England team due to the pressure of meeting the expectations of the total fuckwits who follow the team.
correct on both points.

He should be publicly backing his players. He might find it is good for team morale and the confidence of players having a bit of a bad patch and a lot of slating.

What does that actually mean, 'period?'

There are two things I don't understand about him:
- how did he keep his job after the 2014 World Cup?
- what has he done that qualifies him to be the England manager in the first place?

Do you know anything about football? Like, at all?

Hodgson’s CV far eclipsed anything Harry Redknapp, the other contender at the time, ever achieved.

Hodgson already had plenty of international experience as a manager before being appointed England manager.

Seven league titles in Sweden, 1 league title in Denmark, two UEFA Europa League runners up medals with Inter Milan and Fulham.

He managed Finland, United Arab Emirates and Switzerland – the latter being his most successful. He led the Swiss national side to the Round of 16 of the 1994 World Cup in the US and followed this up by qualification to Euro ’96 in England. Before Hodgson’s tenure, Switzerland had not qualified for a major international tournament since the 1966 World Cup.

Of course, it would be wrong to compare these jobs to the size and pressure associated with the England job. However, it is clear that Hodgson understands international football and what is needed for success. His qualification record underlines this.

However, it is clear that Hodgson understands international football and what is needed for success. His qualification record underlines this.
But he hasn't achieved any actual "success" in international football, so it's not quite as clear as you suggest.

Also, his more notable achievements all happened 20+ years ago. I'm not convinced they're particularly relevant to the modern football world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.