RSC Anderlecht Thread - 2022/23

People on here think our loanees have a divine right to play for some odd reason. If they are good enough they will start, perhaps going from City to some other club with facilities and wages no where near what they are used to shocks them to the core but it is on the player to sort themselves out and get into the team. Anyone playing just because they came from City isn't going to get very far.

I think for a lot of kids like THB who have walked through the academy and had their first team debut at 17, getting dropped and learning to deal with that and respond to it on the pitch and training ground is part of the development we need from these loans.

7 points from the opening 3 games, good start! Looks like you've found yourself a striker too @RSC Anderlecht Huisstijl

Good start by newly promoted USG as well. I believe they're owned by Tony Bloom - the Brighton owner. Has he pumped a bit of money in?

They've got a cracking stadium by the looks of it.
Union can become a stabile Belgian League team, but really needs a new stadium. They are making a los of 5 milion euro’s every season at The moment.

Yes, Zirkzee is showing Some Nice things.
This years Lucas Nmecha. ;)
If everything goes right, Tomorrow we will be presentiegeld Christian Kouamé of Fiorentina comming over for 1 season to be The second striker.

The wins The past few weeks were all against smaller teams though, first test thursday Against Vitesse.

I really dont understand The upset of Harwood-Bellis not playing al The time.
Anderlecht still is a big club in Belgium, and we are not The development team of Man City.
At this moment, Hannes Delcroix and Wesley Hoedt are better than Harwood - Bellis. If we play 3 defenders, or one of those 2 is injured , Harwood -Bellis wil play. The season will be long, and HB wil get his minutes in The squad. I’m sure He will be important for is this season.

Last edited:
Anderlecht are a famous old club of my youth, they've won way more European trophies than us.
We shouldn't expect our kids to just walk into their side, they don't exist just for Manchester City.
Harwood-Bellis will just have to work harder

Anderlecht are a famous old club of my youth, they've won way more European trophies than us.
We shouldn't expect our kids to just walk into their side, they don't exist just for Manchester City.
Harwood-Bellis will just have to work harder

I couldnt care less about Anderlecht,or any other club for that matter,i only care about the development of our players.If by leaving him on the bench is genuinely beneficial to such,and it does improve him by way of fighting and regaining his place....then i've no issue and welcome the experience.However,if he is sat gathering splinters for an extended period,while waiting to get on the pitch in what is basically a farmers league,then i would much rather him return home and be loaned out to a team who will play him far more consistently,and develop him accordingly,just as Blackburn did last season.

I couldnt care less about Anderlecht,or any other club for that matter,i only care about the development of our players.If by leaving him on the bench is genuinely beneficial to such,and it does improve him by way of fighting and regaining his place....then i've no issue and welcome the experience.However,if he is sat gathering splinters for an extended period,while waiting to get on the pitch in what is basically a farmers league,then i would much rather him return home and be loaned out to a team who will play him far more consistently,and develop him accordingly,just as Blackburn did last season.
Maybe he is on the bench for a reason, ability, attitude, fitness or a combination of all.

You earn the right for a place in any starting 11 , at any level.

Maybe he is on the bench for a reason, ability, attitude, fitness or a combination of all.

You earn the right for a place in any starting 11 , at any level.
I find it hard to accept its ability related as the league is piss poor,and if he isnt good enough to remain in their 11 then the very high hopes many have for him are a myth.
If its another legitimate reason then no issue and fair enough,and he will indeed have to buckle down and fight for his place.

As i'll reiterate,i just want him to have a productive loan and be given the opportunity his ability and attitude deserve.If that isnt happening,then we bring him back before his confidence is so severely damaged,as we have seen with others,that the problem becomes chronic.

Hopefully my concerns are premature and not justified :-)

I find it hard to accept its ability related as the league is piss poor,and if he isnt good enough to remain in their 11 then the very high hopes many have for him are a myth.
If its another legitimate reason then no issue and fair enough,and he will indeed have to buckle down and fight for his place.

As i'll reiterate,i just want him to have a productive loan and be given the opportunity his ability and attitude deserve.If that isnt happening,then we bring him back before his confidence is so severely damaged,as we have seen with others,that the problem becomes chronic.

He has been there for a couple of weeks, give him and Anderlecht time to get to know each other.

And just maybe he is not the new Dave Watson, Mick Doyle or Vincent Kompany, not all our kids are going to make it, far from it.

Don't know about the other guy but Hoedt is a good player so I'd expect him to be first choice. As long as THB gets regular game time over the course of the season then it'll be a good move for him.

Don't know about the other guy but Hoedt is a good player so I'd expect him to be first choice. As long as THB gets regular game time over the course of the season then it'll be a good move for him.

Hoedt was awful every time I saw him at Southampton, which probably explains why he’s gone to the Belgium league for £4 million during his prime.

He has been there for a couple of weeks, give him and Anderlecht time to get to know each other.

And just maybe he is not the new Dave Watson, Mick Doyle or Vincent Kompany, not all our kids are going to make it, far from it.
I agree and i thought id alluded to,and covered all that,in my very reasonable reply.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.