RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

It's not even 10 months since the big money arrived at the club and all this childish talk of big names we should be getting is ridiculous. We are way down the list of teams these players want to play for, no matter how much money we have. So try keep level head and stop talking rubbish names or just stick to your playstations :-) .

sdavros said:
moomba said:
sdavros said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There aren't that many who undestand the game on this forum, but you are one of them in my opinion, stavros.

Lots of City fans are just interested in the size of the name, not how the player plays.

It comes from the insecurity and paranoia which is innate in lots of Blues.

They're more bothered about what their red mates will say than whether someone can play.

Where I've noticed a lot of insecurity is from those that believe that their opinion is the sensible and correct one, and anyone who thinks differently is somehow deluded or lacks knowledge about the sport.

It's as if they're not really capable or confident discussing or debating the issue, much easier just to put down or belittle the person or persons with the opposing view.

i'll happily argue the toss moomba. No bother. What I won't do is continue an argument with someone who puts words in your mouth.. or starts bringing up hypothetical situations to back up their argument. Like yer man that said we are signing RSC so we might as well go the whole hog and get Delap.

Or if your discussing RSC and Corradi or Sturridge are used as counter arguments. It doesn't make sense.

I was the one who mentioned Corradi.
I was making the point that we've had the "big bustling centre forward" for years and it's got us,er......nowhere.Not really meant to be a like for like comparison.
It was slightly ironic,maybe sarcastic......maybe it got lost?

And guys-it's an internet forum.What one person thinks is "paranoia" is another's valid point.Unless someone goes of the deep end and gets abusive or personal than you just have to take it as it comes.
DidsburyDave makes a very valid point at the start of the above quote.
Three words..

"In my opinion."

RobbieBrewer said:
I was making the point that we've had the "big bustling centre forward" for years and it's got us,er......nowhere.Not really meant to be a like for like comparison.

And guys-it's an internet forum.What one person thinks is "paranoia" is another's valid point.Unless someone goes of the deep end and gets abusive or personal than you just have to take it as it comes.
Three words..

"In my opinion."

I am capable of having a difference of opinion without resorting to calling someone a twat! :) Most of the time

A lot on here seem to think because we have this money that we are going to buy a world elite XI and start playing champagne football winning 3 or four nil every week. It just doesn't work like that, it's not football manager.

Hughes is going about it the right way. Bringing in players he knows will do a job. Playing the percentages. We have the quality in our side now to play an expansive game, with Superman, Robinho, SWP in the last third. De Jong and Barry in the middle to break it and release these guys, and what Hughes wants to add is a base that will help us grind out results if this type of football isn't suited.

In my opinion.

sdavros said:
RobbieBrewer said:

Three words..

"In my opinion."

I am capable of having a difference of opinion without resorting to calling someone a twat! :) Most of the time

A lot on here seem to think because we have this money that we are going to buy a world elite XI and start playing champagne football winning 3 or four nil every week. It just doesn't work like that, it's not football manager.

Hughes is going about it the right way. Bringing in players he knows will do a job. Playing the percentages. We have the quality in our side now to play an expansive game, with Superman, Robinho, SWP in the last third. De Jong and Barry in the middle to break it and release these guys, and what Hughes wants to add is a base that will help us grind out results if this type of football isn't suited.

In my opinion.

I prefer in my onion to be honest.

lastmanback said:
It's not even 10 months since the big money arrived at the club and all this childish talk of big names we should be getting is ridiculous. We are way down the list of teams these players want to play for, no matter how much money we have. So try keep level head and stop talking rubbish names or just stick to your playstations :-) .

It's not childish or ridiculous to talk about "bigger names".

We have resources to sign top players, and while we're not going to be able to get everyone we want by any means it seems ridiculous to me to refuse to talk of the likelihood of signing any player.

moomba said:
lastmanback said:

It's not childish or ridiculous to talk about "bigger names".

We have resources to sign top players, and while we're not going to be able to get everyone we want by any means it seems ridiculous to me to refuse to talk of the likelihood of signing any player.

Robinho being a classic case.....

Well we've passed lunchtime and no Santa..... I hope this isn't another day of waititng for something that isn't going to happen. I don't really care if RSC comes or not....at least Tevez was worth wasting most of the day over!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.