RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

He plays for Blackburn. They don't do big names...

moomba said:
sdavros said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There aren't that many who undestand the game on this forum, but you are one of them in my opinion, stavros.

Lots of City fans are just interested in the size of the name, not how the player plays.

It comes from the insecurity and paranoia which is innate in lots of Blues.

They're more bothered about what their red mates will say than whether someone can play.

Where I've noticed a lot of insecurity is from those that believe that their opinion is the sensible and correct one, and anyone who thinks differently is somehow deluded or lacks knowledge about the sport.

It's as if they're not really capable or confident discussing or debating the issue, much easier just to put down or belittle the person or persons with the opposing view.

i'll happily argue the toss moomba. No bother. What I won't do is continue an argument with someone who puts words in your mouth.. or starts bringing up hypothetical situations to back up their argument. Like yer man that said we are signing RSC so we might as well go the whole hog and get Delap.

Or if your discussing RSC and Corradi or Sturridge are used as counter arguments. It doesn't make sense.

I don't think we have a goal-scoring problem.[/quote]

if you had added 'at home' then no argument . Not enough pace for counter-attack ,defence gets over-run when we sit too deep .Henry can attack and score from deep positions ,perfect away from home. He doesnt miss many , which is the true test of a striker not the total number of goals .My pick would be RSC at home Henry away as long as the lump down the middle is banned (on pain of death ) including the GK . ( i am not suggesting dunnie IS the lump down the middle ,but he is very prone to it. ) ,the lower you go on the football ladder the more you see of it ,barcelona at the top, ale-house football in the park at the bottom,

C_T_I_D said:
He plays for Blackburn. They don't do big names...
Does that mean he's an average player. When he has stayed fit and played he looks a class above Blackburn. He's been class for them in his first season.
I bet your bottom dollar if we had the chance to go back in time, to 2 seasons ago when he was banging them in, everyone on here would be saying the big YES. What is sooo different? How can you judge a player's ability who hasn't played all season?
He's a classy player in my opinion.

I never said that just because I do not consider him a big name that it also dictates my views on his talent level. I think he's a good player, but a big name is a great player. I wouldn't say he's average, I'd say he's quite good but he's not the best in the world. I wouldn't moan if we signed him really, but he wouldn't be top of my list at the same time if I had the resources available that has been made available to Hughes (subject to speculation!)

bluejase said:
Cracking signing if it comes off. Think about what we lacked in last season when we weren't winning games. Presence, strength uptop, someone to bang a ball up to someone who can then control it and lay it off to the nippers, rob and swp. How many goals did we scored from headers last season? RSC is ideal for our formation and the players we have and it'll mean we have a spine. Is he the same class as drogba, adebayor or ronaldo? No but he'll be as effective as them with the players we have and the role hughesy gives him.

Agreed. It gives us a Plan B at home or, more usefully, away.

Helps when defending too; half the Goat's strength was defensively at free kicks and corners - he often headed the ball away - a fact that rarely gets mentioned when discussing him. The best CF's are ace in their own box too.

citizens_1976 said:
How can you judge a player's ability who hasn't played all season?

Don't think he was fit most of the season but he did play 27 times for Blackburn (6 goals).

Personally I have doubts he will ever find the form of that first season.

To become a top four team you have to sign top four players, would the Scum, Chelski, Bin Dippers or Gooners be looking at RSC........I would seriously suggest not a cat in hells chance

davelyncooper said:
To become a top four team you have to sign top four players, would the Scum, Chelski, Bin Dippers or Gooners be looking at RSC........I would seriously suggest not a cat in hells chance

both liverpool and arsenal have been linked within the last 6 months

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.