RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I think we can get a better player than RSC. He's had one season where he has scored more than five league goals (I don't count his first season in Paraguay!) and had quite a few injuries throughout his career.

He's clearly a Hughes man and Hughes et al think they can get the best out of him...I hope they do but I have reservations.

rsc, fanfuckingtastic, not.

unless using as a squad player, on the rare occasions hes fit.

I'm quite happy with this actually...he's quality at the holding the ball up for others latch on to, really strong in the air & does have have quite a bit of pace.

£18m is a bit far fetched tho i think .

Just when I thought we were starting to get it right...FFS!

plongo said:
This move is dependant on the medical, he failed one with us in Jan. and was advised at the time that the deal would go ahead in the Summer if he took time off and had an op., which, to Fat Sam's disgust he did.

This is THE move that both Hughes and RSC both want, they have absolute faith in each other.

To be fair, and I understand the missgivings on the board, if RSC reproduces his previous form we'd have an awesome line up with he, Robbie and Tevez (yes it has happened - agreed in Jan)

I was ITK.

Thats not true, he took the time off to do the operation off his own back not because City made him promises. It's was Blackburn and Fta Sam that ruined the deal thats why City walked away after the medical was failed by the player. City were not going back in for him but the fact he has gone and had the op has shown he is keen. The figure agreed over a year ago was £15m and this still remains but as mentioned at the time it will be "Undisclosed" believed to be in the region of....... (Insert stupid price). The wage at the time was £60k but I would now imagine this will go up to around £80k but doubt any more than that regardless of what the press say. Dont forget we have players in the squad who have in their contract that there wage will match the highest players at the club so we would be paying stupid amount for the wrong reasons.

If this is true why does Hughes insist on buying players with dubious fitness records. It's not as if he's the only option. I don't care if he can hold the ball up better than a super sized tub of no nails if he's always on the treatment table what help will that be?

He's exactly the type of player we need.

The question is if he will be fit and is he good enough?

cooky's_overbite said:
sdavros said:
this lad is everything we need in a centre forward.

He wins absolutely every ball that comes his way. Give us another dimension. Cracking player.

Agreed,

Hughes got the best out of him at Blackburn and knows exactly how to provide him with goals. With the apparent set we now have in place with regrds the gym, rehbilitation and physio side of things i would suspect his injuries will be minimised.

I am actually quite excited at the prospect of him joining us and can see the the team shaping up very very well indeed.

Eto'o would be a top signing don't get me wrong but as of yet i am unconvinced that he could cut it in the prem whereas RSC is proven albeit for one season, but, that one season was under Hughes. If this was my money and job on the line in all honesty i would opt for RSC at this stage. I wouldn't want to be sat down in front of Khaldoon explaining why Eto'o hasn't performed ( if he didn't), whilst he was on a supposed £ 160k per week along with the fact that he will miss a chunk of the early part of the season away in the African Nations cup.

Let's get RSC in, let him hold the ball up for the speed freaks in our formation and let us actually score some headers this season............that is if Bridge can miss the first man that is ;)

Good post cooky. I dont think his current injury is as bad as its made out. I think hes milking it so he didnt have to risk playing for Rovers again. If we had him last season we might of made 6th.

Great signing.

Hughes knows how he ticks and he is exactly what we need, and will be up to speed with the premiership.

I think it is pointless pursuing the likes of Etoo that wouldnt want to join us at this time - or if he did it would be for financial reasons. The RSC deal will be done and dusted this week, allowing Hughes to concentrate on other areas of the team

Tevez RSC Bellamy Robinho is a great front 4 to choose from.

davefrombury said:
If this is true why does Hughes insist on buying players with dubious fitness records. It's not as if he's the only option. I don't care if he can hold the ball up better than a super sized tub of no nails if he's always on the treatment table what help will that be?

^this^

Jo looked at least as good as Crocky santa cruz in his time at Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.