RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

Now its sounding like bull. Not a chance will we give them £18,000,000 for him and £120,000 a week sounds like utter tosh it'd be £70-80,000 tops.

infaltablesgalore said:
Now its sounding like bull. Not a chance will we give them £18,000,000 for him and £120,000 a week sounds like utter tosh it'd be £70-80,000 tops.

I agree...those figures sound like bullhit. If, just if, we suppose they are true...how many players at City are going to be clambering for a pay rise? Signing Santa Cruz on those terms would create problems.

Did anyone see that Blackburn's chairman has announced they need to trim their squad and cut costs on SSN? Funny timing that...I wondered if it was a softener to explain RSC's departure.

Here's a link to Blackburn trimming squad etc <a class="postlink" href="http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_5370347,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 47,00.html</a>

sdavros said:
this lad is everything we need in a centre forward.

He wins absolutely every ball that comes his way. Give us another dimension. Cracking player.

Agreed,

Hughes got the best out of him at Blackburn and knows exactly how to provide him with goals. With the apparent set we now have in place with regrds the gym, rehbilitation and physio side of things i would suspect his injuries will be minimised.

I am actually quite excited at the prospect of him joining us and can see the the team shaping up very very well indeed.

Eto'o would be a top signing don't get me wrong but as of yet i am unconvinced that he could cut it in the prem whereas RSC is proven albeit for one season, but, that one season was under Hughes. If this was my money and job on the line in all honesty i would opt for RSC at this stage. I wouldn't want to be sat down in front of Khaldoon explaining why Eto'o hasn't performed ( if he didn't), whilst he was on a supposed £ 160k per week along with the fact that he will miss a chunk of the early part of the season away in the African Nations cup.

Let's get RSC in, let him hold the ball up for the speed freaks in our formation and let us actually score some headers this season............that is if Bridge can miss the first man that is ;)

This move is dependant on the medical, he failed one with us in Jan. and was advised at the time that the deal would go ahead in the Summer if he took time off and had an op., which, to Fat Sam's disgust he did.

This is THE move that both Hughes and RSC both want, they have absolute faith in each other.

To be fair, and I understand the missgivings on the board, if RSC reproduces his previous form we'd have an awesome line up with he, Robbie and Tevez (yes it has happened - agreed in Jan)

I was ITK.

cooky's_overbite said:
sdavros said:
this lad is everything we need in a centre forward.

He wins absolutely every ball that comes his way. Give us another dimension. Cracking player.

Agreed,

Hughes got the best out of him at Blackburn and knows exactly how to provide him with goals. With the apparent set we now have in place with regrds the gym, rehbilitation and physio side of things i would suspect his injuries will be minimised.

I am actually quite excited at the prospect of him joining us and can see the the team shaping up very very well indeed.

Eto'o would be a top signing don't get me wrong but as of yet i am unconvinced that he could cut it in the prem whereas RSC is proven albeit for one season, but, that one season was under Hughes. If this was my money and job on the line in all honesty i would opt for RSC at this stage. I wouldn't want to be sat down in front of Khaldoon explaining why Eto'o hasn't performed ( if he didn't), whilst he was on a supposed £ 160k per week along with the fact that he will miss a chunk of the early part of the season away in the African Nations cup.

Let's get RSC in, let him hold the ball up for the speed freaks in our formation and let us actually score some headers this season............that is if Bridge can miss the first man that is ;)

Barry will be on set pieces. We'll win away games next season. We might win ugly but we'll win. We now have the option to lump it up to a big man and know we can build off him.. every time. Big Phil made 1 in 5 stick. Roque will hold it up 5 out of 5. Guaranteed possession.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
infaltablesgalore said:

I agree...those figures sound like bullhit. If, just if, we suppose they are true...how many players at City are going to be clambering for a pay rise? Signing Santa Cruz on those terms would create problems.

Did anyone see that Blackburn's chairman has announced they need to trim their squad and cut costs on SSN? Funny timing that...I wondered if it was a softener to explain RSC's departure.

I listened to the interview on the radio Lancashire sport progam last night coming home from work (work in Preston)

The blackburn chairman was laying on the it's a business and we need to cut costs and the wage bill etc .... and he mention the business slant a lot

We don't even play in a style that will get the best out of someone like RSC. We never put crosses into the box and the only decent crosser of a ball that we have (Petrov) will either be a backup player or sold. In his one-hit wonder season, nearly every goal RSC scored was with his head, but we wont give him this type of service. This idea that we need a bustling target man for the lone striker role is complete bollocks. We don't. We need a striker with pace, movement, a good first touch, and clinical finishing. Look at some of the top strikers in the world.... Torres plays upfront on his own for Liverpool. Is he a target man? No. Villa does for Valencia quite a lot. Is he a target man? No. When Anelka was on fire at the start of last season in Drogba's absence, he was upfront on his own. Is Anelka a target man? No. Eto'o has played the lone striker role for years and scored tons of goals. Is he a target man? No. We don't need a target man and we certainly don't need Santa Cruz. It is the modern way to play without target men now. The days of getting to the by-line and whipping in crosses for an 8ft bean pole are long gone, unless you are a team like Wigan or Blackburn. Playing in a style that gets the best out of RSC will not even make us close the gap on West Ham, never mind the top 4. The saving grace though is that there are many more transfer windows in the future and hopefully Hughes will quickly correct his mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.