RSC. It's bite the bullet time

You've gotta remember that he's only playing cos Ade's injured. He was top of Mark Hughes most wanted list in the summer so you would hope that what we are seeing at the moment is not him at his best - if it is we're in trouble.

Whats with all these "bite the bullet" threads!!

Hes just back from injury and the supply to him was just rubbish!!

I picked up a stat in one of the papers before kick off that City had the worse cross accuracy in the league!

Says it all really doesnt it!

Wrighty Wrexham said:

I picked up a stat in one of the papers before kick off that City had the worse cross accuracy in the league!

A lot of people have already made there views very clear on Hughes signing Santa Cruz in the first place, so at every available opportunity they're going to have a go at him. Pretty sad i think that a small minority people are almost willing him to play badly so they can start these threads and try and prove themselves right. There are still a number of people it seems who dislike having Hughes in charge, even if they've not had much of a chance to show it yet this season, they've been creeping back in with Santa Cruz threads, because of a few draws and Ireland not starting a couple of matches. When you've spent the whole of last season maintaining that he's not the man for the job, you're going to use any stick possible to beat him with.

Bluemoon115 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I think the biggest issue with him was yesterday, our whole plan of attack was based on him being successful up top, which he clearly wasn't and what's more unlikely to be.
Based on what?
Based on the fact that no one on the board or that has watched a game would consider him anywhere near match fit. From what you have seen do you think he is even close to being upto speed?

deynaskaz said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I think the biggest issue with him was yesterday, our whole plan of attack was based on him being successful up top, which he clearly wasn't and what's more unlikely to be.
Kin ell he never got one decent cross ,he has played about 90 mins all season,the problem was that our crossing was shocking especially from seany and bellamy.
However this is not the end of the world as we played poorly as a team shit happens ,santa will be dynamite once he is match fit and he gets some decent service . come on city lets ave it .
The "tactic" was to pump the ball long up the middle of the park for him to win hold up and feed the others in. For what it's worth he hardy had a cross to attack, I seem to recall one midway thru the 1st half and thats about it.

pee dubya said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:

A lot of people have already made there views very clear on Hughes signing Santa Cruz in the first place, so at every available opportunity they're going to have a go at him. Pretty sad i think that a small minority people are almost willing him to play badly so they can start these threads and try and prove themselves right. There are still a number of people it seems who dislike having Hughes in charge, even if they've not had much of a chance to show it yet this season, they've been creeping back in with Santa Cruz threads, because of a few draws and Ireland not starting a couple of matches. When you've spent the whole of last season maintaining that he's not the man for the job, you're going to use any stick possible to beat him with.

I've been critical of RSC in this thread but the above couldn't be further from the truth as far as I'm concerned. I wanted us to sign him because I know how good he can be. What I'm commenting on is his clear lack of fitness, but not necessarily just match fitness. Johnno's lacking match fitness but his mobility is still there despite the few extra pounds. In fact, I wouldn't even say I'm being critical of RSC, I'm genuinely worried that his injuries have really taken their toll on him. I'm willing him to do well because we need him in January.

m27 said:
pee dubya said:

I've been critical of RSC in this thread but the above couldn't be further from the truth as far as I'm concerned. I wanted us to sign him because I know how good he can be. What I'm commenting on is his clear lack of fitness, but not necessarily just match fitness. Johnno's lacking match fitness but his mobility is still there despite the few extra pounds. In fact, I wouldn't even say I'm being critical of RSC, I'm genuinely worried that his injuries have really taken their toll on him. I'm willing him to do well because we need him in January.

Lacking a bit of mobility & fitness certainly but Gareth Barry looked just as far off the pace to me & he's fit. Found that more worrying.
If we cross a ball in RSC will be a danger, even now, fit or not. If we can't beat the 1st man with one single quality cross in 90 mins, we may as well get rid of him because that's mainly what he's there for. So far he's had one decent cross & scored one goal. If he's going to keep missing headers then he's got a problem. Be nice to find out by trying it.

To suggest some kind of "Anti-Hughes" agenda because someone has the opinion that RSC is not actually that good a player is surely twisting it a little....

I can only go off what I've seen the past three seasons.
I see a player that had a good first season at a club with virtually no weight of expectation and the virtue of surprise,then pretty much reverted to the way he's been used in the past..a bit-part player with a poor injury record.

No sinister anti-Hughes agenda or covert stick,just an opinion based on what I've seen.

m27 said:
pee dubya said:

No i agree he's not fit yet, but i think it will come. A serious knee injury also is always going to make you a bit wary of changing directions quickly, going into challenges etc, there's a mental thing to overcome, playing matches will do him good though, i just find it amazing that people are writing him off already. There's got to be an alternative reason other that your opinion of the player himself, no-one was saying Bojinov was shit, or the new Samaras when he came back from injury and looked slow and unfit. It can take a long time to get match sharpness back, but a few people don't want to know about it and just want to criticize wherever possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.