RSC. It's bite the bullet time

A striker is only as good as the service he gets

You play to a players strengths, and for Santa Cruz that means crosses. His goal against Scunthorpe was a good example of that.

It would be daft to write Adebayor off for his performance at home to Fulham, because his own performance is linked to the performance of the team, but that is just what you are doing in this thread.

Suspect that SWP started at expense of Ireland so that we could get some balls into Santa Cruz from wide positions, but it didn't really work. Is that Santa Cruz's fault?

Credit to Birmingham for working very hard to close City down. Will they play like that every week? I doubt it

PaulPowerShower said:
Cheltblue said:
He will not get his confidence levels boosted playing at this level when he is clearly not fit mentally or physically.

He should be getting his head and body sorted in the reserves.

Cant help but think playing him at the moment is just to feed Hughes ego.

Paulpowershower fully endorses this post
Hardly. i think Adebayor being out for the game probably had a mite more of an impact on that one, lads. If Ade was fit, Rocky wouldn't have started. Simple as. He hasn't done much, but that's harfly surprising given that he isn't fully fit yet. If he's still this poor when he's had a chance to prove himself then fair enough.

So we're in agreement then, he should never have been selected to play! That's my concern as much as anything else. How did our great leader not spot this in training? I spotted it after 10 minutes and RSC seemed to notice too as he didn't look interested from the start and was on his ass more often than not. Also blaming it on bad service won't wash and if you watch the game you must have notice several times when he had the opportunity to get stuck in or go for a header in the box yet he didn't bother. Like I have already said you can judge him when he isn't fit and that is why he shouldnt have been selected by our leader. These mistakes never seem to stop coming Mr Hughes, it's becoming hard to defend as he's had everything he's wished for at our club.

David Whites 4th said:
So we're in agreement then, he should never have been selected to play! That's my concern as much as anything else. How did our great leader not spot this in training? I spotted it after 10 minutes and RSC seemed to notice too as he didn't look interested from the start and was on his ass more often than not. Also blaming it on bad service won't wash and if you watch the game you must have notice several times when he had the opportunity to get stuck in or go for a header in the box yet he didn't bother. Like I have already said you can judge him when he isn't fit and that is why he shouldnt have been selected by our leader. These mistakes never seem to stop coming Mr Hughes, it's becoming hard to defend as he's had everything he's wished for at our club.
Yeah we should have started with Benjani

Joycee Banercheck said:
David Whites 4th said:
or recall JO !

blue dallas said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
or recall JO !

Why those two?? We shouldn't need a target man with the players we've got and what are you trying to say, we have a striker crisis and therefore had to play a player that is a million miles away from being fit? I find it hard to understand that you are in argeement with our great leader that it was right to play him and the reason being we had no one else!

Joycee Banercheck said:
PaulPowerShower said:
Paulpowershower fully endorses this post
Hardly. i think Adebayor being out for the game probably had a mite more of an impact on that one, lads. If Ade was fit, Rocky wouldn't have started. Simple as. He hasn't done much, but that's harfly surprising given that he isn't fully fit yet. If he's still this poor when he's had a chance to prove himself then fair enough.

He doesnt even look 50% fit (i hope im right there otherwise he has got real problems) and as such should not be on the pitch. There was more than enough on the bench to play a more credible attack.

David Whites 4th said:
blue dallas said:
or recall JO !

Why those two?? We shouldn't need a target man with the players we've got and what are you trying to say, we have a striker crisis and therefore had to play a player that is a million miles away from being fit? I find it hard to understand that you are in argeement with our great leader that it was right to play him and the reason being we had no one else!
sarcasm, the refuge of the wum

Bluemoon115 said:
David Whites 4th said:
We shouldn't need a target man with the players we've got
What players are these then?

I will give you a clue they were both on the pitch, one of which was being played as a winger! Like I say we have the players at this club to play football on the ground using our midfield rather than bypassing them with the big boot to a very unfit target man. Yes it would have been a small in height forward line but it would have then been a good idea to keep the football on the ground and use the talent that we've brought in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.