Rubbish Chants

Chants I can’t be doing with:

‘We know what we are, we know what we are, Champions of England we know what we are’ - not a City song, stop singing it!

‘Championes Championes ole ole ole’ - that’s United’s song with them trying to sound more “European” but getting the Spanish pronunciation of Campiones wrong making them look like fools but every other set of fans even bigger fools for copying it.

And nothing says ‘small-time wankers’ more than:
Shall we sing a song for you?
Your support is fucking shit
Where’s your famous atmosphere?
Is this a library?
It’s just like being in church
Sssssshhhhhhh!
xxxxxx is a shithole, I wanna go home
Where were you when you were shit?
Here there every-fucking-where, empty seats

Last edited by a moderator:
Newcastle fans now singing about empty seats to Sheffield Wednesday fans. Does my head in.

Of course there’s fucking empty seats. They’ve been in the lower divisions for decades, the games on telly and Newcastle aren’t much of a draw.

And I can’t stand all that “is this a library?” Studf from away fans. Nothing says that you are a little club all giddy on your big day out more than that.

From our own repertoire I can’t stand that new “Follow Follow” one. It’s damaged the atmosphere at our ground because it’s a dirge and it’s gets sing a dozen times in the first ten minutes at every home game now.
Ahhhhhhhhhh Newcastle fans before mocking anyone’s support want to look at there own gates before Keegan entered the building
Newcastle v Cambridge 13,077 amazing how the so called best supporters in the world went missing week after week before his arrival :)

We have a version of “ take me home country road “ it’s a rag song the end and I fooking hate it

you're shit and you know you are
I was watching a lower league game on TV many years ago and the song was around then but the home fans sang:

“You’re not very good
You’re not very good
You’re not very, you’re not very, you’re not very good”

I thought how polite, however the next verse went:

“In fact
You’re shit and you know you are”

you're shit and you know you are
Sang that in the mid/late 90s ,but with the lyrics altered to 'we're shit and we're getting worse' and at Swindon once 'we're shit and we're beating you'. The self depreciating humour, and a lot of beer obviously did help...so a certain extent!

Sang that in the mid/late 90s ,but with the lyrics altered to 'we're shit and we're getting worse' and at Swindon once 'we're shit and we're beating you'. The self depreciating humour, and a lot of beer obviously did help...so a certain extent!
'to a certain extent' obviously.

There were some dreary, inane chants in the 80s. The ones that come to mind are 'we will win, we will win' and 'here we go, here we go', Have to confess to singing the latter on the Kippax during the 5:1 though..how imaginative.
I'm all for a bit of 'banter' and piss taking as we don't want it to become too sanitized.
On a more serious note though, as others have said chants about Munich and in particularly the Spurs one relating to the Holocaust are probably the worst.
Any racist, homophobic chants stink of desperation and naievity imo.To be fair I can't recall hearing that many racist ones at City over the years. However, one year at Highbury when we lost 1:0 (just for a change) the City fans started singing 'get back on your jam jar 'to the Arsenal goalscorer (Raphael Meade??).
It was obviously a referance to his skin colour and the Robertsons jam jar labels at the time... looking back it makes me cringe thinking I found it amusing at the time and okay simply because he scored the winner against my team!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.