Rubbish Chants

Ahhhhhhhhhh Newcastle fans before mocking anyone’s support want to look at there own gates before Keegan entered the building
Newcastle v Cambridge 13,077 amazing how the so called best supporters in the world went missing week after week before his arrival :)

We have a version of “ take me home country road “ it’s a rag song the end and I fooking hate it
Many years ago, I once got myself into an internet spat (yes, I know) with a Geordie who mocked the fact that our gate for one match fell below the stadium's capacity at the time. Despite explaining that the reduction was attributable to necessary security measures he wouldn't let it go. Until, that is, I quoted Newcastle's average gate for that season in the 80's and reminded him that he lived in a one club town. At that point, even one of his mates posted a message suggesting he leave it. His churlish response was, 'Well, we can all be selective when quoting statistics'. Surely, that's the fucking point! If you can't take it, don't give it out.

There were some dreary, inane chants in the 80s. The ones that come to mind are 'we will win, we will win' and 'here we go, here we go', Have to confess to singing the latter on the Kippax during the 5:1 though..how imaginative.
I'm all for a bit of 'banter' and piss taking as we don't want it to become too sanitized.
On a more serious note though, as others have said chants about Munich and in particularly the Spurs one relating to the Holocaust are probably the worst.
Any racist, homophobic chants stink of desperation and naievity imo.To be fair I can't recall hearing that many racist ones at City over the years. However, one year at Highbury when we lost 1:0 (just for a change) the City fans started singing 'get back on your jam jar 'to the Arsenal goalscorer (Raphael Meade??).
It was obviously a referance to his skin colour and the Robertsons jam jar labels at the time... looking back it makes me cringe thinking I found it amusing at the time and okay simply because he scored the winner against my team!!
Forget it then and leave it were it belongs.... in the past

Lived in Newcastle for about half a decade, and got a lot of time for them due to some of my close mates up there being fans - always want them to do well other than when playing us etc.. but hearing them chat on about being the best fans in the league pecks my head. And having the cheek to sing about empty seats.. SJP was half emtpy every other weekend when I lived there, and I never struggled to get a ticket. The handful of times I've been (in both home and away ends) it's hardly been rocking, even when they beat us early on in 2019 I think it was
I used to really like Newcastle but i remember them years ago walking to Maine road singing that shit song - "E-I-E-I-E-I-O up the Premier League we go". I went off them after that, much prefer Sunderland fans. However, i don't begrudge the Geordies winning the league cup this season, that's if we cant win it.

Chelsea fans love a repetitive chant.

"We know what we are, we know what we are, champions of Europe, we know what we are."
"You'll never sing that, you'll never sing that, champions of Europe, you'll never sing that."
"Where's your Europe, where's your Europe, where's your European cup."
"Super, super Frank, super, super Frank, super, super Frank, super Frankie Lampard."
"Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea, Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea."

Not the most inventive bunch.

I would like to think You’re my Alan Ball was classic City humour but I have a feeling it was a serious chant for one of our worst managers ever.
On a side note surely the champions of England is sung as a response to opposition fans who hit a nerve with the champs league song. Rightly so !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.