Rubbish Chants

The song that is sung when the goalkeeper goes to take a goal kick.
Mainly sung by lower league teams.
I can never make out the actual words,but it sounds so small time on every occasion they do it.
I fucking hate it.
Been to many away match circa 89-92 and as the opposition keeper ran to take a goal kick we sang

Woooooaaaaahhh......WHOOSH

We weren't even lower league back then!!

Sure we have some terrible songs but I think we have a great repertoire of funny chants mostly with that cheeky Man City gallows humour.

I never hear other clubs vary their chants at all. The London clubs seem to be the worst. Possibly Arse being the worst of them all.

The invisible man one is ace, and we’re not really here is good.

I actually like how the club then use the chants on banners etc. like in lockdown they had merch ‘we’re not really here tour’ when it was behind closed doors etc.

However I did laugh today when you could clearly hear ‘you’re fucking shir’ on BBC. I also love ‘tearing cockneys apart again’. Even funnier when sung to the rags fans.

I would like to think You’re my Alan Ball was classic City humour but I have a feeling it was a serious chant for one of our worst managers ever.
On a side note surely the champions of England is sung as a response to opposition fans who hit a nerve with the champs league song. Rightly so !

The Wonderwall Kinkladze / Alan Ball chant is great.

But yeah, tragically it wasn’t sung in irony at the time I don’t think.

There were some dreary, inane chants in the 80s. The ones that come to mind are 'we will win, we will win' and 'here we go, here we go', Have to confess to singing the latter on the Kippax during the 5:1 though..how imaginative.
I'm all for a bit of 'banter' and piss taking as we don't want it to become too sanitized.
On a more serious note though, as others have said chants about Munich and in particularly the Spurs one relating to the Holocaust are probably the worst.
Any racist, homophobic chants stink of desperation and naievity imo.To be fair I can't recall hearing that many racist ones at City over the years. However, one year at Highbury when we lost 1:0 (just for a change) the City fans started singing 'get back on your jam jar 'to the Arsenal goalscorer (Raphael Meade??).
It was obviously a referance to his skin colour and the Robertsons jam jar labels at the time... looking back it makes me cringe thinking I found it amusing at the time and okay simply because he scored the winner against my team!!
I always loved ‘here we go’.

It’s like the start of a come-up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.