Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are offloading Otamendi we’ve done great business so far. Are we going to win the net spend trophy?

Weird comments. He’s talking like he didn’t have the ability to reject it. Talking like he’s not sure about Nico. If you don’t want him, why have you agreed to it?
Club's decision apparently, fits their need for experience for now while Ferro and another academy centre back develop.

I really like Otamendi but it was a awful transfer.

We did the transfer as a favour to Mendes and because Valencia owed us money. He was the 4th most expensive defender in history, and he was bought for a side who played under Pellegrini, and planned to play under Guardiola, a very high defensive line - his one major weakness as a defender because he's got no pace. He's also not very good on the ball, and is prone to making rash challenges and taking himself out of the game, something which drove Pep so mad he actually spoke out about how frustrating it was in 2017 that he wouldn't learn.

He has been a good servant to the club, Pep always talks up how he plays through any knocks or injuries, and gives 100%. He seems like a very popular bloke in the dressing room, never causes any trouble off the pitch etc. and eventually when we protected him enough with very fast players all around him, he did well enough to get in the TOTY.

That doesn't change the fact we should never have bought him.

He was the best CB in the league for one of his seasons so that alone justifies the purchase.

Back along when i did a stat comparison off all the defenders we we're linked to this lad came in 2nd(after Koulibaly). So that plus he's a leader(been desperate for) and he's 23 so can get better too. I'd be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.