Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems incredibly odd to me to say "How do you know we were linked with other players that's just media talk" when only media talk links us to Diaz.

If you're going to be one of those people who pretends everything that's not on the club OS is a lie, why are you in the transfer forum discussing a player who's been linked to us?
I wasn’t on about people being linked to transfers I’m talking all this first choice second choice bullshit which seems to spoken about . End of the day not one person on here knows who we’re our true targets and as for saying . And if I want to say that most of the paper talk is shit then I can say that because guess what it is bullshit . If you don’t like what I say then that’s your problem fella .

Lovely little in depth counting report from May 2020 for anyone wanting to familiarise yourself with the lad (from an independent third party site):

Lovely little in depth counting report from May 2020 for anyone wanting to familiarise yourself with the lad (from an independent third party site):

It’s a good read and much appreciated. Thanks.

He could be even better if he committed himself to moving 5 yards forward when we're attacking, lost count the amount of times we've had the ball on the left with, say Sterling for example, and instead of driving forward near or level to their back line in the space we've created, he hangs back, neither in a defensive or attacking position, giving the opposition time to react, drives me mad more than his defensive brain farts tbh.
And if we got caught on a counterattack, you would, no doubt, criticise him for being too far forward.

I'm sure he’s doing what he’s directed to do by Pep.

That's completely made up.

The most his release clajse was ever rumoured to be was €88m/£80m and thats been dismissed in the last week with many of the portuguese outlets saying it never increased from the €66m it was at last summer.

Its always funny to see someone write a comment that is complete and utter bollocks and see a bunch of sheep liking it because its what they want to hear.

Nope. It's 100M actually.
https://www.slbenfica.pt/pt-pt/agor...l-benfica-ruben-dias-renova-contrato-ate-2024

I’ve just read up on the many scouting reports on this guy and I’m astounded we’ve signed him based on the stats. We’re crying out for pace and aggression next to Laporte and we seem to have signed another elegant CB who’s great on the ball but lacks speed and is questionable defensively. Hope I’m proved wrong but we seem to get this position badly wrong consistently!
63A9B7A1-1E36-4A5D-B9E0-A121DDF97717.jpeg

When we won in court all the posters were saying we can sign who we want and spend what we want etc etc etc , but we aren’t a club known for paying over the top!! Yes we’ve signed some stinkers but end of the day the big wigs have sat down and decided that Dias fits the bill and is the best value for money but apparently that’s not good enough for some on here.

This sort of entitlement some fans have on here is why we all hated the rags for years and still do and now why we hate the dippers .

WIND YA NECKS IN , BLOODY HELL.

Welcome Dias , look forward to you rubbing people’s faces in it.
Agree with every word you’ve said there bud

Anyone slagging Dias off before he's played a single game for us should be embarrassed.

Let's be honest it's easier to analyse mistakes for defenders. When buying a striker do we all dissect glaring misses they make?

I wish Otamendi all the best in Portugal should he go the other way. Its a shame he declined so quickly. Likewise I hope dias proves many wrong.

Today will be a stern test for our defence. Let's see how we cope without Laporte with a very attacking Leicester team.

He's only been like that since his injury - was a bit too gung ho before that point. Not sure whether he's not got the confidence in his mobility/pace anymore or if Pep has told him not to over lap as much. When he first got injured, we changed our system and Pep explained why that meant Aguero and Jesus couldn't play together. They generally still don't, unless were searching for a late winner, so I'm not sure if there's a requirement for Mendy to overlap as much.
In which case, I agree he should be a bit further back and not in no man's land, but I trust Pep to pick up what he should do
I'm sure Pep has spoken to him as part of his obvious coaching role mate, but I think, from what I see, the biggest thing may be Benji's decision making, no doubt (having had an ACL reconstruction myself) the injury will have a bearing on it somewhere.

I’ve just read up on the many scouting reports on this guy and I’m astounded we’ve signed him based on the stats. We’re crying out for pace and aggression next to Laporte and we seem to have signed another elegant CB who’s great on the ball but lacks speed and is questionable defensively. Hope I’m proved wrong but we seem to get this position badly wrong consistently!

Are we though? IMHO we need leadership & good decision making at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.