Ruben Dias signs new contract until 2027

Brilliant news. But the cynic in me can’t but help suspect that the timing definitely has a hint of “Look over there! Don’t look at the transfer window, look over there!”
And to divert everyone’s attention away from the Mendy thing…

But also, Ruben was only on £115k/wk (only, LOL!) and you can guarantee that clubs like Madrid and Bayern will have been contacting his agent enquiring about offering more.

Really ? I mean I'm really please but it's not like he was in the last year of his contract. He wasn't going anywhere so no it's not better than signing a striker lol
It's one of those signings that doesn't mean too much to us but is a huge deal for City as a sporting institution.

City have always operated under the idea that if you come here and show your worth then no matter the length of your contract, we'll reward you in line with your importance to the team. Dias came in on a lower wage and it would be unfair to have Stones and Laporte earning more than he is. But many clubs would run with that because of the length he has on his contract. City ALWAYS reward people who better themselves and improve their game. I imagine that's great motivation to many players both at the club and those who might be coming in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.