Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the detriment of us not having a right sided CB in before the start of the season? You think we chased KK for months as a wind up? Wow, you’ve lost the plot. We are a serious club.

I don’t know why fans have a hard time admitting we’re signing someone that wasn't the first choice. There’s no shame in it, it’s a common thing.
There was a lot of KK talk but eventually became evident that it was empty. I suspect we made an enquiry for KK and found it was too expensive.

We've clearly had problems trying to land a right sided centreback but after last season weren't prepared to gamble.

AT least this guy is young, but experienced and an international.

Massive risk if it happens, hope it pulls off. I’ve been dissatisfied with every player we’ve signed from Portugal so far. I can also count on one hand how many Portuguese players have played well in the PL.
And here we have a classic example of the gammon 'Little England' mentality which makes this country a global laughing stock.

I’ve seen some suggesting that we are signing Dias as a CDM AND Kounde. That doesn’t make sense to me unless it’s come from this report which has unclear wording?

I just think he meant Kounde is still an option, like if the deal falls through. I have never seen Dias play in midfield unlike Ake. It's either or between him and Kounde imo.

There was a lot of KK talk but eventually became evident that it was empty. I suspect we made an enquiry for KK and found it was too expensive.

We've clearly had problems trying to land a right sided centreback but after last season weren't prepared to gamble.

AT least this guy is young, but experienced and an international.
Reminds me of javi martinez at bayern
Zero pace wins headers and has physicality.

From my armchair analysis using YouTube; Kounde is a wonderful prospect who would have graced the team. Diaz has a decent long pass; a bit of skill on the ball but more important; he's aggressive. He will add some steel to the defence and if it happens; I'm looking forward to seeing him and Laporte together. It could be quite formidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.