Rugby World Cup 2023

Crazy both NZ and SA got beaten by Ireland and France yet they then go on to both beat France and Ireland in the Quarter finals I dont think anyone would of thought that both SA and NZ will make the Semi and if not now the final of another World Cup. Got to take my hat off to both teams great desire from both to show us all that they are the elite when it comes to World cups.

There are some teams, in certain sports, that just feel that it's their birthright to win certain competitions. They may not even be the best team in that competition that year (although both NZ and the South Africans can claim that plausibly). What I saw in New Zealand is that they seem to feel it's their destiny to win on the biggest stage. So do the boks. Nobody in the northern hemisphere has that conviction.
It's sort of what I feel about playing Real Madrid. Often, they're not the best team. But they've just got this arrogance about winning that competition.

Because let’s face it, Argentina are a bit shit at rugby on the whole. Couldn’t even beat a currently crap England with a man advantage for 78 minutes and you’ve 5 wins in 26 games against us.

In 2007 you beat Scotland in the 1/4 final (who were also a bit shit)

In 2015 you beat Ireland (again an upset and no one would claim Ireland had a good World Cup that year)

And now you’ve beaten Wales to get there again where you’ll be humped in the Semi. But the point was that Wales can’t say they had a good World Cup with that quarter final defeat.
If Argentina are a bit shit then Wales, Scotland and Ireland are just as shit, if not more, since they have had worse results in recent World Cups. As an Argentinian, I feel we have already surpassed those 3 teams in terms of level and will only continue to get better competing in the Southern Hemisphere every year.

I really don't see how Argentina are "a bit shit" and Wales was suppossed to have Championship aspirations.

There are some teams, in certain sports, that just feel that it's their birthright to win certain competitions. They may not even be the best team in that competition that year (although both NZ and the South Africans can claim that plausibly). What I saw in New Zealand is that they seem to feel it's their destiny to win on the biggest stage. So do the boks. Nobody in the northern hemisphere has that conviction.
It's sort of what I feel about playing Real Madrid. Often, they're not the best team. But they've just got this arrogance about winning that competition.

Rags and dipper fans use that mantra

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.