Rugby World Cup 2023

Certainly wouldn’t be a surprise if England failed to get out of their group. It’s near impossible to understate what an utter shambles they are at the moment. Great grandad Exeter Blue was born in Blaenavon, so I’m gonna have to be a plastic Taff for a few weeks I guess…….
Saffers to win it, or possibly the French

Not really particularly hyped for this. The gulf between the big teams and the rest is massive in rugby so the groups stages are going to be largely a procession.

If it wasn't for England's recent decline I'd say only the Wales group had any chance of an upset on who goes through into the knockouts.

I think the scheduling is a joke as well. Almost all the games are on at the weekends and barely anything in the week. To me a proper World Cup (Like the Footy and the Cricket) has games every day for weeks and that keeps the interest up throughout.

Basically I'll be keeping an eye on the England and Wales games and then wait for the tournament to properly start on Saturday the 14th of October when the games with consequences between the quality teams begin.

Not really particularly hyped for this. The gulf between the big teams and the rest is massive in rugby so the groups stages are going to be largely a procession.

If it wasn't for England's recent decline I'd say only the Wales group had any chance of an upset on who goes through into the knockouts.

I think the scheduling is a joke as well. Almost all the games are on at the weekends and barely anything in the week. To me a proper World Cup (Like the Footy and the Cricket) has games every day for weeks and that keeps the interest up throughout.

Basically I'll be keeping an eye on the England and Wales games and then wait for the tournament to properly start on Saturday the 14th of October when the games with consequences between the quality teams begin.
I agree to some extent however there is the Irish-Scots- Saffers group where only two can progress. Then I would say Aussie-Wales-Fiji is not a foregone conclusion either.
RWC organisers make UEFA seem competent when seeding the countries over two years before the tournament.
There’s a lot of fodder in the group stages however.

Although I don't really follow Rugby. I will probably watch the England games as I always want our country to win a tournament.

We didn't play well in the 6 nations and I can see us struggling at the World Cup. I think Argentina will beat us and maybe we will just scrap past Japan and Samoa. Chile will be a certain easy win with bonus points.

I think Ireland will win the World Cup. The favourites you could say are Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand and maybe France (Because they are the hosts).

Tomorrow night could be a cracker, can't wait. Hoping the French or Irish win it, for the Northern hemisphere. England are wank and have no chance despite the draw favouring them massively. My gut says South Africa or France. Can't split them.

Tomorrow night could be a cracker, can't wait. Hoping the French or Irish win it, for the Northern hemisphere. England are wank and have no chance despite the draw favouring them massively. My gut says South Africa or France. Can't split them.
Ireland would be great. England might just scrape out of their group. As long as Wales and the Jocks get knocked out early I will be happy.

Really excited for this, despite being an Englishman!

A huge game tonight which should be electric. I'm intrigued to know where NZ are. A record loss to SA but mitigating circumstances and whilst they've lost games they're still so talented. A fair few injuries to NZ, France and SA which could level things.

If Ireland weren't woeful in World Cups I would back them, but I just question whether they can do it.

France are good enough to win it, but have a poor result in them. Their loss to Scotland may have opened their eyes, and Ireland had the beating of them. I don't think they'll win it.

My money is on South Africa because they have the nous to go and beat anyone by any means required.

As for England, we'll make the semi finals and then one of the favourites and go home unless a miracle happens and we manage to nail a style of play and become more clinical. Lots of doom and gloom around the team, and definitely some questionable selections but its still a side that's good enough to get out of the pool and win its quarter final.

The loss in the final last time around was hard to swallow and from there, rather than improve and build it all became a bit disjointed and I think the talent is still there it just needs galvanising and Borthwick might be able to do that across winnable pool games to get the confidence back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.