Rugby World Cup 2023

I’m not a huge rugby fan, but it seems that England should be exploiting the width a lot more than they have. They score when they use the wings and look shite when they kick it without purpose.

I’m not a huge rugby fan, but it seems that England should be exploiting the width a lot more than they have. They score when they use the wings and look shite when they kick it without purpose.
For years, whenever I watch England RU they seem to struggle to move the opposition defensive line from left to right and back to isolate A B C or D markers on either side of the ruck into exploiting space to create 2:1, 3:2 or 4:3 situations.

If space appears it just seems to be by total chance because defenders have got stuck in the ruck.

And with two extra men on the pitch, they’re hardly ever utilised to create an out-the-back pass overlap. Attacking structures are very flat and nobody hits the line at speed or at any other angles than just a trunge in three yards away from where the last ruck was at snails pace.

It’s all very simple and unimaginative stuff with ball-in-hand too often. It’s why England have only won one 6 Nations in six years and lost the last World Cup final (remember how many times we had SA defending on their own line and were just obsessed with trying to barge our way over the line a few yards away from the last ruck?… spread the fucking ball around and play some rugby and create and exploit some space!).

RU like to get RL lads in for coaching defence, but they need to get them in to coach attack n’all.

Last edited by a moderator:
For years, whenever I watch England RU they seem to struggle to move the opposition defensive line from left to right and back to isolate A B C or D markers on either side of the ruck into exploiting space to create 2:1, 3:2 or 4:3 situations.

If space appears it just seems to be by total chance because defenders have got stuck in the ruck.

And with two extra men on the pitch, they’re hardly ever utilised to create an out-the-back pass overlap. Attacking structures are very flat and nobody hits the line at speed or at any other angles than just a trunge in three yards away from where the last ruck was at snails pace.

It’s all very simple and unimaginative stuff with ball-in-hand too often. It’s why England have only won one 6 Nations in six years and lost the last World Cup final.
How do you think Pep would go in rugby?

We looked far better when the subs came on and we ran the ball more.

Good last 20 or 30 mins from England but the rest was crap. Glad to get the bonus point for the 4 tries.

At least we’ve played two half decent sides and won easily on both occasions. Sadly lacking in the skills and creativity department. Apart from the magic header lol.

That last minute was OK. Apart from that pretty poor. Have to start Smith he's the creativity in this team.
You’ll end up against Wales or Fiji or Australia.
Two of those three could really get at you.
I know shag all about rugby really, but it does make me feel Ireland are screwed by the side of the draw we’re in.
To get to the semis we will probably have had to play and beat RSA, Scotland, France or NewZealand.

England could progress a long way in this tournament.
Ireland will need luck as well as top form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.