Rugby World Cup

I don't really follow it that closely,but for those who do,is this Lancaster fellow a bit of a dick ? Or is he OK,I find it hard to judge him when I see interviews on tv etc etc,like I say I don't follow it that close

I don't really follow it that closely,but for those who do,is this Lancaster fellow a bit of a dick ? Or is he OK,I find it hard to judge him when I see interviews on tv etc etc,like I say I don't follow it that close
He's a bit like the rich heiress's seventh husband. He won't embarrass the family name, he looks good and he knows what he's supposed to do but even if he had the tools, he wouldn't have a clue how to make it exciting.
Not that much unlike another England manager, come to think of it.

(That said, Clive Woodward's teams were goddam awfully boring too but he won the big 'un. So England have a chance; especially at Twickenham).

He's a bit like the rich heiress's seventh husband. He won't embarrass the family name, he looks good and he knows what he's supposed to do but even if he had the tools, he wouldn't have a clue how to make it exciting.

(That said, Clive Woodward's teams were goddam awfully boring too but he won the big 'un. So England have a chance; especially at Twickenham).

Well as long as they win it,he be looked as a hero I suppose

Well Lancaster has made a pretty awful call there and it will be Farrell at 10. England's on semblance of creativity comes from Ford, so if we're going to win then it's going to be dull as hell. I'd back Wales to win this putting a lot of pressure on the Australia game for England.
I disagree. But it's all about opinions I guess.

Guessing you played as a back if you played rugby?

Woodward's teams were anything but boring. They played near perfect forwards rugby.

Other than you can pass the ball forwards in rugby league, what's the difference between league and union?

League is 13 a side, union 15. League are too much of pansies to allow rucks, Union aren't. Union have a bit of variation in their set pieces using line outs, League players aren't intelligent enough to understand the concept so restart the scrum. Union you're allowed to hold onto the ball for as long as you can and the other team are allowed try to take it off you whenever they want if they're onside, League are afraid of scrapping for the ball so after 6 'tips' the other team get the ball.

You can't pass forward with your hands whether playing real rugby or rugby league.

Drop Goal points: Union 3 League 1
Penalty points: Union 3 League 2

I disagree. But it's all about opinions I guess.

What do you disagree about; the result, or the style?

He's clearly setting up a side to try and run through them, something which Wales are very good at dealing with. We've only got one really good ball carrier in the pack so we're putting an awful lot of pressure on someone who in two years may well be the best crash centre in the world but as it is has 25 games of Rugby Union under his belt, a fair few of those at flanker, added to which he'll get shit static ball from Farrell. I think it'll be close but I'd back Wales with this side out.

Guessing you played as a back if you played rugby?

Woodward's teams were anything but boring. They played near perfect forwards rugby.

Pains me to say it but yes they did, they absolutely steamrollered sides, they also had the perfect 10 in Jesus Jonny who couldn't pass but had a hell of a boot on him.

What do you disagree about; the result, or the style?

He's clearly setting up a side to try and run through them, something which Wales are very good at dealing with. We've only got one really good ball carrier in the pack so we're putting an awful lot of pressure on someone who in two years may well be the best crash centre in the world but as it is has 25 games of Rugby Union under his belt, a fair few of those at flanker, added to which he'll get shit static ball from Farrell. I think it'll be close but I'd back Wales with this side out.

I still think England will win, we have huge problems with the fitness of our props.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.