Rugby World Cup

A poxy sport that has tried every trick in the book to generate more interest in this country all to no avail.

Which is why union is crawling with ex league players and coaches.

England won the world cup, thanks Phil Larder and Jason Robinson.

RFU Head of International Player Development? Joe Lydon

I'm not sure how your post disproves my own. They've clearly realised they can only go so far in league and joined a bigger and better sport in union.

I'm not sure how your post disproves my own. They've clearly realised they can only go so far in league and joined a bigger and better sport in union.

Nope they have joined a bigger sport, the RL lads are making it a better sport. It is getting much closer to RL.

No. England won the world cup 'cos Johnson was one mean mammy jammer, and refused to lose. He took the team with him.

Still, there were no complaints when League were nicking all the top Union players.....

FF

True enough. Martin Johnson was a leader and a frightful player, Dallaglio too. And they had a fit Wilkinson and played to his strengths.
Loving this world cup so far. Japan today were incredible, that the Boks fucked now. If Fiji had played with their discipline yesterday for the 20 minutes either side of half time then they could have done the same thing. They just didnt trust themselves to go through more than 3 phases and play sensible attritional rugby, they felt they had to grubber kick it away when they should have set it up and rucked the ball. It was as if they prefer open loose play, which I suppose they do but England were so shite in parts of the game that they could have got a lead. They dont look much to be concerned about at the moment.
Ireland looked really good I thought, organised and clinical and as ever with a very efficient maul which is hard to stop legally.
I think Wales will really notice the loss of Rhys Webb who changed them as a side when he emerged. His sniping and sharpness was great, and if Mike Phillips replaces him then their game will slow down and become predictable. It only takes a moments hesitation at the breakdown these days and all advantage or momentum is lost, and he takes a big step before passing, or looking for a scrap. Shame really, I had high hopes for Wales.
Looking forward to the rest of the pool games, none have disappointed so far, even Georgia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.