Ruining Football Since 2008 Flag Trouble?

well for that guy who said no one got thrown out is chatting bollocks because it was me who got thrown out along with my dad.

3 security pricks took my flag down 5 minutes into the game without no explanation, asked for my season card and without thinking i just showed it him, one of them put it in is pocket whilst on a headset telling someone he had both my card and flag and was told to eject me, my dad came onto the concourse to see what was happening and they asked if he was with me and said he had to leave aswell. just told us that we will get a letter in the post off peter fletcher.

what a way to treat someone who has been a seasoncard holder for 35 years (my dad) and myself who has missed approx 10 games home and away in the last 9 years.

if they had just said put your flag away and dont bring it again i would have happily done that. but to kick me out without any explanation just makes our club now as bad as that shit from trafford!

anyway spoke to danny wilson now and told me he will help me get it sorted. only time will tell!

p.s - for the lad who said i looked like a kid, thanks, i know i look young but im 23 :-)

GibboMCFC said:
well for that guy who said no one got thrown out is chatting bollocks because it was me who got thrown out along with my dad.

3 security pricks took my flag down 5 minutes into the game without no explanation, asked for my season card and without thinking i just showed it him, one of them put it in is pocket whilst on a headset telling someone he had both my card and flag and was told to eject me, my dad came onto the concourse to see what was happening and they asked if he was with me and said he had to leave aswell. just told us that we will get a letter in the post off peter fletcher.

what a way to treat someone who has been a seasoncard holder for 35 years (my dad) and myself who has missed approx 10 games home and away in the last 9 years.

if they had just said put your flag away and dont bring it again i would have happily done that. but to kick me out without any explanation just makes our club now as bad as that shit from trafford!

anyway spoke to danny wilson now and told me he will help me get it sorted. only time will tell!

p.s - for the lad who said i looked like a kid, thanks, i know i look young but im 23 :-)

Shitbags Gibbo, total jobsworth nobodies. You need to keep pesterin' and pushing the bstards to return your STs, as for 'em chuckin' yer dad out after all those years of following, for once in my life words fail me, TOTAL SCUM and they're fuk all to do with City,never mnind hiding behing the Badge, proper disgusted mate.

buzzer1 said:
GibboMCFC said:

Shitbags Gibbo, total jobsworth nobodies. You need to keep pesterin' and pushing the bstards to return your STs, as for 'em chuckin' yer dad out after all those years of following, for once in my life words fail me, TOTAL SCUM and they're fuk all to do with City,never mnind hiding behing the Badge, proper disgusted mate.

ill just see what the letter says as take it from there. thing is my dad had nothing to do with the flag, its mine and a mate of mine. cheers for the support anyway from the majority on here!

GibboMCFC said:

Unbelievable. Who's running the security at City; the Gestapo? Not for the first time, Peter Fletcher comes out of this looking like an arse.

Anything less than a full, unconditional apology from the club will be completely unacceptable.

My sympathies GibboMCFC. I expect it'll get sorted out in a painless manner. There are some nobhead stewards though. This is the second time in a very short space of time that they've been completely disproportionate because there was a lad at the end of last season who got chucked out and banned for swearing. The ban was overturned but that's still ridiculous.

Whatever happened to a "polite" asking you to take it down, instead your treated like a couple of criminals.

Nothing short of an apology for the heavy handed approach towards yourself and your Dad would do me, plus a full explanation of why they would like you not to bring the banner again.

Kirkstall Blue said:
Whatever happened to a "polite" asking you to take it down, instead your treated like a couple of criminals.

Nothing short of an apology for the heavy handed approach towards yourself and your Dad would do me, plus a full explanation of why they would like you not to bring the banner again.

They should also refund you some cash for missing the game. The security at Eastlands is a disgrace... And that's from 1st hand experience.

In 111 for the Red dippers game, everyone was smoking in the toilets at half time, which I think we've all learned to live with (I dont smoke but its a football match - it happens).

Six or seven stewards came in to the toilet, picked one lad out of the twenty or so smoking and told him to get out. When he asked why it was only him being asked to leave, two coppers came in and dragged him out.

If the stewards wonder why they get stick at certain games, it's because some of them (and I think its only a very small minority) are wankers. Their job is surely to make sure everyone watches the game in safety, which you'd assume would be easier to do if they actually had a bit of respect for and from the fans, instead of pissing everyone off.

As I say I do think its a minority, because I've never had any mither from the stewards, even the police at the game seem to have a bit of common sense from time to time.

Not pointing the finger as nobody knows who made the call regarding ejecting Gibbo and his dad, but it seems City need to look at how they handle situations like this and similar situations like this in the future.

After all, football and watching City is a customer based event and I'm sure 99.9% of customers wouldn't be treated like this, no matter what event they went too.(sporting, concert, theatre, etc)

Perhaps I'm being a bit naive, but I'm sure the likes of khaldoon and Cook, never get to hear about incidences like this, as there too busy running the club.

One would think and hope that the person behind this farce is now sweating a bit and will have to come up with a valid excuse,(to khaldoon or Cook) regarding the way Gibbo and his Dad were treated, seeing as it's now out in the public domain.

jrb said:
Not pointing the finger as nobody knows who made the call regarding ejecting Gibbo and his dad, but it seems City need to look at how they handle situations like this and similar situations like this in the future.

After all, football and watching City is a customer based event and I'm sure 99.9% of customers wouldn't be treated like this, no matter what event they went too.(sporting, concert, theatre, etc)

Perhaps I'm being a bit naive, but I'm sure the likes of khaldoon and Cook, never get to hear about incidences like this, as there too busy running the club.

One would think and hope that the person behind this farce is now sweating a bit and will have to come up with a valid excuse,(to khaldoon or Cook) regarding the way Gibbo and his Dad were treated, seeing as it's now out in the public domain.

I hope you get a full apology Gibbo and a refund for the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.