Rumour - Elano to Liverpool

Chippy_boy said:
Looking inevitable that he's going I think. Very sad if true though.

I am particularly concerned by Muppet's comments that he has brought Barry in to add some passing ability to our side and also delivery of set pieces.

Did he ever watch elano play, I wonder??????

I wish you Hughes critics would get over calling him Les/Muppet whatever and just call him Hughes.

As for what Hughes said today, it makes sense to me. He is a natural left footer for the midfield, something we don't have, who can spot a good pass and he is also able to deliver good set pieces. For as good as Elano is when he manages to hit a direct free kick well, how often does he (Or anybody else for that matter) deliever a decent corner or a decent free kick into the box etc? It doesn't happen very often at all does it? Barry is certainly a step up in that sense from anybody else in the squad.

As for Elano to Liverpool, I can't see it happening as he'll spend as much time getting splinters in his bum there as he would here. I'm far from convinced he is the Messiah many believe him to be. A great player when he turns it on, that there is little doubt but that happens far too irregulary for my liking.

mcs said:
For as good as Elano is when he manages to hit a direct free kick well, how often does he (Or anybody else for that matter) deliever a decent corner or a decent free kick into the box etc? It doesn't happen very often at all does it? Barry is certainly a step up in that sense from anybody else in the squad.

I'm eagerly awaiting the threads next season that slag off Barry's corner-taking.

i just dont see him leaving (strenght and depth) i think that he will be kept on to keep the peace and has been told that mh is staying put so get used to it, i think that it will be all the deadwood thats on the way out and squad players will be kept until next year atleast

I have a friend who knows elano and on the last day of the season he told me that elano had asked him to go to Liverpool with him to translate for him. He didn't end up going and he never got told the reason Elano went there. Did not necesarily mean LFC might have been another reason but not sure

cardno1983 said:
I have a friend who knows elano and on the last day of the season he told me that elano had asked him to go to Liverpool with him to translate for him. He didn't end up going and he never got told the reason Elano went there. Did not necesarily mean LFC might have been another reason but not sure

Lol maybe he just wanted to go to the Beatles Museum and have a look around but wanted your friend to translate the signs for him.

cardno1983 said:

perhaps he is a Beatles fan and wanted to go and buy a Beatles wig!

can't see Elano going to Liverpool myself, wouldn't be a regular (left Shaktar for City cos he was on bench, complained about being on bench for us earlier this season) i'd guess if we did sell him it would to a club abroad,although I still think he can be a good squad player for us

eastlands oasis said:
cardno1983 said:

can't see Elano going to Liverpool myself, wouldn't be a regular (left Shaktar for City cos he was on bench, complained about being on bench for us earlier this season) i'd guess if we did sell him it would to a club abroad,although I still think he can be a good squad player for us

My thoughts exactly :)

If anyone thinks Elano out performed Barry last season they are more delusional than the geordies

Elano struggles to get in our side, no way will he get in Liverpool's. I think this is just as the title says a rumour and nothing else.

eastlands oasis said:
cardno1983 said:

lol great minds think alike! (Re the beatles comment!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.