Run in 2012 v 2014 - better or worse ? - last 10 games

sir baconface said:
It will be lost on slip-ups and won on adrenalin. Mentality is more important than the fixture list on the final furlong.
Which is why I still think Liverpool will fade. They've won 7 on the bounce, they're not going to win another 7 (only one team has ever done this in the history of the Premier League, Arsenal in 2002) and I think once they drop points in one game their bottle will go and they'll lose/draw another couple. Very few of their players have title run-in experience and I think it will tell.

I'd forgotten how tough that run-in in 2012 was, every club bar wba and norwich was either fighting for survival or a top club fighting for europe, fuck that, no way I'd swap the run-in we have now for that one.

It's an easier run in than 2012. Palace, Sunderland and WBA relegation threatened, Liverpool title rivals, Everton playing for Europe... but a lot of nothing games for the other teams. Southampton will be tricky because they will play with no pressure and are a good passing side. But they are hit and miss in terms of form - our trickiest home fixture though. Concentration and patience will be key against WBA, Southampton and Sunderland. Big Sam's West Ham bus might prove tricky too... hopefully we can win it before then!

You really cannot call it. All teams realistically will drop points. It is about mentality and concentration. Each game requires patience and passion to win. When we went to Newcastle they gave us a real battle but we kept at it and won through. The hardest game on paper (the home derby) was actually probably the easiest aside from Norwich away because you don't need to motivate a team for such a huge game. I think that Goodison will be similar to the Newcastle test, but without Barry in their midfield they lack the balance between attack and defence and I am confident they will be an easier prospect than the all out physical assault tactics of Moyes' Everton.

Arsenal have injury concerns and that makes it a game we really should be winning. It is often the easier games on paper that cause the most problems though - breaking down Palace will be a challenge and you just never know.

Only thing that is certain is that we are in a strong position and if things continue in the same way as they have gone for the rest of the season we will win the league.

Re: Run in 2012 v run in 2014 - better or worse - last 10

Nicoblue said:
NoahCity said:
Win at Arsenal and draw at Anfield and we should be good. Not too concerned about slipping up in other games, even though I should be.

End of Season Prediction with us drawing at Arsenal & Everton, and losing at Liverpool Gaining a further 20 Points.

Manchester City 86 Points
Chelsea 86 Points
Liverpool 85 Points

City winning the Title on Goal Difference

Thoughts

No chance, if we drop 7 points we won't win the league.

Difference this time is the squad, by and large, knows what is required. Thinking back to that QPR game the nerves simply got to some, I would say, yet against Newcastle the game before they all stepped up to the plate. I would suggest that based on recent form, we are stepping up to the plate as of now, knowing it is in our hands and that we have a couple of tricky away games.
We look unbeatable right now.

Re: Run in 2012 v run in 2014 - better or worse - last 10

NoahCity said:
Win at Arsenal and draw at Anfield and we should be good. Not too concerned about slipping up in other games, even though I should be.

Been saying it for weeks, Palace away worries me more than Arsenal away.

Arsenal away is the big one, win that and we would probably only need 4 points from 9 in our remaining three away games (confident we will win our home games and chelsea and liverpool will slip up the odd occasion in the run in and they also play eachother). Fail to win against Arsenal and its a tough ask as we would need to go to Liverpool and Everton and win.

kenzie115 said:
My main concerns are Palace away and Southampton at home, they look like two banana skins. I reckon the players will raise their game for our trips to the Emirates, Anfield and Goodison.

Was thinking the same thing, but if we beat Arse we will be so up for it, I think we'll have enough.

I do think one of those 'easy' home games might get a bit sticky though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.