Running thread

This morning's Isabel Trail Parkrun completed in 28:52.
Again on the "B" course at Stafford RUFC due to continuing flooding on the "A" course.
Bit of a late start this morning as the rugby club car park was congested with coaches picking up members en route to Twickenham for the women's 6 Nations.

Seriously thinking of signing up for next years Manchester Marathon.
Only ran a half (around three of them) so not sure how feasible this aim is....
Go for it. Follow a training plan. Hal Higdon is good. Take a cautious approach. Run regularly shorter distances in the week and one longer one at weekends and steadily build up the distances nice and slow. Make time by getting up earlier to train. Or run commuting or other trips which you might have done by public transport or car. It can be done.

Not me but it was me and this thread that got my then 11 year old son into running. He’s a swimmer mainly but actually after me dragging him out after you lot inspiring me he took up running as well with Preston harriers.

Just got an email last night to say he’s been selected to represent GB at the junior European championships in Madeira for run/swim (part of modern pentathlon). To say I’m made up and proud is an understatement. Just booked a week in Madeira in July.

Not me but it was me and this thread that got my then 11 year old son into running. He’s a swimmer mainly but actually after me dragging him out after you lot inspiring me he took up running as well with Preston harriers.

Just got an email last night to say he’s been selected to represent GB at the junior European championships in Madeira for run/swim (part of modern pentathlon). To say I’m made up and proud is an understatement. Just booked a week in Madeira in July.

That is incredible mate and you must be so proud of him. Fantastic achievement.

Brilliant.

London marathon done and dusted, no where near my quickest but made up with today's run, the crowds were awesome, best I've seen them.
Finished in 3.24, beat last week's Manchester marathon time of 3.25 so not bad, had a real mental battle as my feet were in bits after about 10k and everything was telling me to stop, so happy to get it finished

London marathon done and dusted, no where near my quickest but made up with today's run, the crowds were awesome, best I've seen them.
Finished in 3.24, beat last week's Manchester marathon time of 3.25 so not bad, had a real mental battle as my feet were in bits after about 10k and everything was telling me to stop, so happy to get it finished
Effort!!

Great effort mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.