Running thread

Park run on saturday, dropped 24 secs from last weeks time so down to 21.05

My splits were 3:58, 4:02 and then after the hill I fell away to circa 4:20s with the last 1.5 being torturous.

Defo helped doing a longer run in the middle of the week (12k). Will keep an eye on my diet this week a couple more runs, swim and hopefully break 21 minutes this weekend.

Any decent, fast park runs in Greater Manchester as hoping to do one on the 28th?
Stretford is flat and fast. Pretty busy so you can get stuck in a crowd as you go around a running track if you're not careful

I'm running the Manchester Half in October for The Christie and doing the full marathon next year.
Running helps me with my anxiety issues and it depression.

Well done mate. Helps me aswell!

Do you have a link for charity half ? Happy to donate

Ah ok. Makes sense. Would prefer a watch but I have to run with my iPhone in my pocket as I’m on call 24/7

Bought what look like a sports vest last week, has a phone pocket in the middle of your chest and doesn't bounce around, plus 2 other side pockets for keys or energy gels, bargain at only £20.

https://freetrain.com/

Well worth it if you need to take your phone with you every time, not something i do tbh.

I bought the garmin fenix 5 last year and it is fantastic mate.

Probably over kill for just running but if you cycle and swim and get outdoors then its the dogs.

New fenix 6 is out so cracking deals on the 5 if you fancy the splurge.
I've got the Garmin forerunner 735XT.

Perfect for all sports plus it has a separate triathlon setting where it just moves from one event through transition into the next.

Perfect for all sports plus it has a separate triathlon setting where it just moves from one event through transition into the next.

Im led to believe the fenix 5 does that although the issue i have is im unable to do triathlon lol.

Finally got my bike last week though so you never know ;-)

I got that too. very happy with it - does nearly everything the Fenix does at significantly less cost. Had a bit of a 'mare on T1 on my first triathlon recently as I was pressing the wrong buttons so it (and probably other similar watches) do need a bit of getting used to.

I got that too. very happy with it - does nearly everything the Fenix does at significantly less cost. Had a bit of a 'mare on T1 on my first triathlon recently as I was pressing the wrong buttons so it (and probably other similar watches) do need a bit of getting used to.

Fenix is looks but definitely overkill and the only reason i got it was i managed to find an incredible deal on Amazon where i got it nearly £150 less than anywhere else at the time.

The 935 is supposed to be the best for Tri?

Same as mate, fucked it all up royally, good job i still had the computer on the bike lol.

Stretford is flat and fast. Pretty busy so you can get stuck in a crowd as you go around a running track if you're not careful
\\
The mother ship of Park Runs for me, as much as I like the smaller ones. My pop back this Saturday as it happens. My PB remains there (20:39)...

Here's a question. Due to a labral tear in my hip (surgery last call really and they don't really know enough about that type of operation at the moment apparently) I was told to build up my core muscles and do lots of stretches and perhaps only run on soft ground (that isn't going to happen). Although the latest advice seems to be just go run and this helps stimulate blood supply (I can never fix the tear as it's cartilage). I lost a lot of weight running to the point I started losing muscle too...I had no arse in the end.
So I (initially reluctantly) joined a gym a few months back to build up my core - I also do Yoga and Pilates there too...thought it was better than doing those stretches and exercises they give you at the hospital on printed A4 paper (usually sketched pictures of an old lady stretching on a chair whilst watching corrie).
What's happened is that I've bulked up quite a bit now (I'm there everyday doing most conceivable forms of cardio and weights), finally got an arse (Kettle Bell swings are ace fore the old glutes) and have a really good muscle/fat ratio.
Wondering however if this will effect my chance of challenging my running PB...I'm lighter (but with more muscle) but bulking up a little makes me think it would be detrimental to my overall speed...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.