Running thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by taleofbluehalves, 10 Aug 2018.

1. mrbelfry

mrbelfry

Stretford is flat and fast. Pretty busy so you can get stuck in a crowd as you go around a running track if you're not careful

somapop likes this.
  2. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

Well done mate. Helps me aswell!

Do you have a link for charity half ? Happy to donate

3. BLUEMATT23

BLUEMATT23

Thanks!
    It is
    WWW.JUSTGIVING.COM/
    FUNDRAISING/MATT-SLATER25

4. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    Bought what look like a sports vest last week, has a phone pocket in the middle of your chest and doesn't bounce around, plus 2 other side pockets for keys or energy gels, bargain at only £20.

https://freetrain.com/

Well worth it if you need to take your phone with you every time, not something i do tbh.

5. inchy14

inchy14

I've got the Garmin forerunner 735XT.

Perfect for all sports plus it has a separate triathlon setting where it just moves from one event through transition into the next.

6. blueinsa

blueinsa

Im led to believe the fenix 5 does that although the issue i have is im unable to do triathlon lol.

Finally got my bike last week though so you never know ;-)

7. Gremlin

Gremlin

I got that too. very happy with it - does nearly everything the Fenix does at significantly less cost. Had a bit of a 'mare on T1 on my first triathlon recently as I was pressing the wrong buttons so it (and probably other similar watches) do need a bit of getting used to.

8. blueinsa

blueinsa

Fenix is looks but definitely overkill and the only reason i got it was i managed to find an incredible deal on Amazon where i got it nearly £150 less than anywhere else at the time.

The 935 is supposed to be the best for Tri?

9. inchy14

inchy14

Same as mate, fucked it all up royally, good job i still had the computer on the bike lol.

10. somapop

somapop

\\
    The mother ship of Park Runs for me, as much as I like the smaller ones. My pop back this Saturday as it happens. My PB remains there (20:39)...

Here's a question. Due to a labral tear in my hip (surgery last call really and they don't really know enough about that type of operation at the moment apparently) I was told to build up my core muscles and do lots of stretches and perhaps only run on soft ground (that isn't going to happen). Although the latest advice seems to be just go run and this helps stimulate blood supply (I can never fix the tear as it's cartilage). I lost a lot of weight running to the point I started losing muscle too...I had no arse in the end.
    So I (initially reluctantly) joined a gym a few months back to build up my core - I also do Yoga and Pilates there too...thought it was better than doing those stretches and exercises they give you at the hospital on printed A4 paper (usually sketched pictures of an old lady stretching on a chair whilst watching corrie).
    What's happened is that I've bulked up quite a bit now (I'm there everyday doing most conceivable forms of cardio and weights), finally got an arse (Kettle Bell swings are ace fore the old glutes) and have a really good muscle/fat ratio.
    Wondering however if this will effect my chance of challenging my running PB...I'm lighter (but with more muscle) but bulking up a little makes me think it would be detrimental to my overall speed...