Running thread

Just read the whole of this thread and it’s been good to read how everyone’s progressed and what races they’ve done and advice given.
Played football at a good level till I was 36 and then got a place in the London Marathon in 2012 sort of ran it off the back of still playing footy and reading training plans online and managed to run 3:15. Caught the running bug joined a club and have been running ever since. Ran another 6 marathons all sub 3 hours including pacing the 3hr group at Chester marathon 3 times And some half decent times for 5, 10k and half’s not quite as quick as Silvas left eyebrow ? But not fat off
Best advice I can give is buy a good pair of trainers , enjoy your training and running and find the best form of training that works for you and don’t get wrapped up with what times others are running the only people things you are racing is yourself and the clock. been struggling with injury this year on and off and my target is to get back fit and healthy for another crack at London in April
This is only my 3rd post in the last ten years on here but I’ll keep bobbing on now to read this thread and see how everyone’s progressing.

Just read the whole of this thread and it’s been good to read how everyone’s progressed and what races they’ve done and advice given.
Played football at a good level till I was 36 and then got a place in the London Marathon in 2012 sort of ran it off the back of still playing footy and reading training plans online and managed to run 3:15. Caught the running bug joined a club and have been running ever since. Ran another 6 marathons all sub 3 hours including pacing the 3hr group at Chester marathon 3 times And some half decent times for 5, 10k and half’s not quite as quick as Silvas left eyebrow ? But not fat off
Best advice I can give is buy a good pair of trainers , enjoy your training and running and find the best form of training that works for you and don’t get wrapped up with what times others are running the only people things you are racing is yourself and the clock. been struggling with injury this year on and off and my target is to get back fit and healthy for another crack at London in April
This is only my 3rd post in the last ten years on here but I’ll keep bobbing on now to read this thread and see how everyone’s progressing.
Crikey - you've just read 115 pages!? That must have taken you all day.

Oh, great running, by the way.

Need some good tops - preferably long sleeve. Any recs people?
To be honest, all technical running tops are basically the same. No need to splash out unless you want to. I like the TCA brand - high quality and inexpensive. You just want normal running tops with wicking properties. In my opinion, windproof jackets are a waste of time as they don't have wicking properties. I wear a normal running T-shirt all year round - you warm up within a few minutes even in the coldest of weather. It's just a hat and gloves that are different in the winter.

To be honest, all technical running tops are basically the same. No need to splash out unless you want to. I like the TCA brand - high quality and inexpensive. You just want normal running tops with wicking properties. In my opinion, windproof jackets are a waste of money as they don't have wicking properties. I wear a normal running T-shirt all year round - you warm up within a few minutes even in the coldest of weather. It's just a hat and gloves that are different in the winter.

To be honest, all technical running tops are basically the same. No need to splash out unless you want to. I like the TCA brand - high quality and inexpensive. You just want normal running tops with wicking properties. In my opinion, windproof jackets are a waste of time as they don't have wicking properties. I wear a normal running T-shirt all year round - you warm up within a few minutes even in the coldest of weather. It's just a hat and gloves that are different in the winter.
I get what you're saying Stu, but I don't find myself overheating in a long sleeve shirt. The thought of going out in just a technical shirt in cold weather is very off putting for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.