Running thread

yeh, you're in a different league :(
Wasn't 2 years ago....... always someone quicker mate, lad i'm out with tomorrow will want to be going at 7 minute miles, told him no chance and he'll have to run at my pace over 8.30's tomorrow. It will help me speed up though, not sure how you can continually rum alone, don't mind it occasionally but prefer being out with others.

I don’t run as much as I used to but am trying to keep going out, shorter distances than I used to do and as much for just being outside as anything. I did the Clarendon marathon (Salisbury to Winchester cross country) as a part of a 4 person relay team a couple of weeks ago and would recommend it as a great way to do something with friends when you all run at different paces. There’s a tough leg (3) two middling legs (1 and 2) and an easier leg (4) It’s a great event and there are other relays around if you look. I think Manchester marathon offer a 2 and 4 person option for example.

Wasn't 2 years ago....... always someone quicker mate, lad i'm out with tomorrow will want to be going at 7 minute miles, told him no chance and he'll have to run at my pace over 8.30's tomorrow. It will help me speed up though, not sure how you can continually rum alone, don't mind it occasionally but prefer being out with others.

7 min miles, fook that! could probably manage 2 miles at that pace.

i don't always to be fair, got a few run mates go with and the wife joins me on my 1.5 miler runs!

Well after seeing my daughter run in a half last Sunday and wishing I was still running, after 15 years I’ve been out today and bought a pair of shoes. Now I’ve just got to remember I’m not as fit as I used to be and start from scratch. Fingers crossed!

Nice one mate you will not regret it. I have been off and on with running the last few years and it has took me a while to build up to decent distances again so do not be despondent.

I always look at it however far I go or whatever speed I run, it will be a lot quicker/longer than if I never bothered.

Just finished my first 10k race in about 2 years in the Preston 10k. 54:18 so fairly happy with that considering I haven’t done any training and was out on the piss yesterday. 11 minutes slower than my pb but hopefully gives me motivation to start getting back into it.

Nice one mate you will not regret it. I have been off and on with running the last few years and it has took me a while to build up to decent distances again so do not be despondent.

I always look at it however far I go or whatever speed I run, it will be a lot quicker/longer than if I never bothered.
I'm getting back into running slowly.

5 years ago I was sub 45 for 10k and sub 1:50 for the half.

I find that time on your feet is more important when starting off. 45 minutes of constant running is where you really start to notice your fitness improving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.