Running thread

Just back from 7km run, averaged 5:50 per km, which I'm delighted with in the heat. It was tough towards the end. Is there something psychological about collapsing across the threshold, no matter what distance you've run? That's five runs this week.

At some time whilst I've been running, I think I have missed a government announcement. Can anyone enlighten me please? It's the one that says you're not allowed to let on to, or acknowledge runners, and you're advised not even to look at them, lest you catch Coronavirus.

Just back from 7km run, averaged 5:50 per km, which I'm delighted with in the heat. It was tough towards the end. Is there something psychological about collapsing across the threshold, no matter what distance you've run? That's five runs this week.

At some time whilst I've been running, I think I have missed a government announcement. Can anyone enlighten me please? It's the one that says you're not allowed to let on to, or acknowledge runners, and you're advised not even to look at them, lest you catch Coronavirus.

I let into more runners than ever now. Like a solidarity nod and wave in the jaws of this pandemic.

Had a very enjoyable week of running. Managed to get out four times and ran an 8k, 10k and 2 x 11ks with the first 2 just under 5k pace.

Tracks were mostly deserted and everyone I came across was very pleasant.

Do wonder if that will change going forward with these computer simulations of people running etc.

Last two runs I listened to the ‘under the cosh’ podcast interviewing Nick Weaver. Absolutely hilarious and the minutes flew by.

Trying to run 200k in April (one of the Strava challenges), roughly double what I would typically do in a month.

Getting out most days now and finding the general lack of cars and people quite relaxing - have been out a few times without headphones now which I would normally never do.

Just back from 10k.
This kind of evening and a Friday (and a good Friday) and the streets would normally be rammed with ‘totty’...but it’s barren.
This virus is also stealing our perving opportunities. Bastard.
Felt nice though...reconnected with running now the gyms have closed.

Feel free to add me and I will do the same. https://www.strava.com/athletes/28379135
473 miles this year for you, well done! After an illness my motivation went down the pan. A pal did 1000 miles in 2019 which got me thinking. I'm currently on 350 miles, roughly doing 100 miles a month so hopefully should clear 1200 this year. Strava can be a pain but is a great motivational device to get you out training again.

Edit, I'm following you now. I'm MF.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.