Running thread

Well done. It does take your mind off things. I listen to audiobooks during my runs.

I did @Rascal's questionnaire, and I must be the most relaxed person in England. Literally nothing gives me stress or anxiety.

I wish I didnt suffer from it.
It's very crippling at times and its about the stupidest of things. But I am going to seek some help about it when the country gets back to some normality.
Running is my savuoir though.

My sort of times too pal. 25 mins is a good target of 5 x 5 mins @ 12km/hour, then getting to 8 minute mile pace should take you down to 24 mins. I once crept under 24 mins for a park run about 5 years ago, but I must have been a stone and a half lighter then. Which does help ;-)
That’s killing me as well at the moment. Probably a stone over weight which I’m just really starting to knuckle down on and try and shift, but I feel really heavy when I run which doesn’t help. Viewing it as a 6 month goal. Get down to 12 stone, 50 minute 10ks and possibly sign up for a half marathon.

That’s killing me as well at the moment. Probably a stone over weight which I’m just really starting to knuckle down on and try and shift, but I feel really heavy when I run which doesn’t help. Viewing it as a 6 month goal. Get down to 12 stone, 50 minute 10ks and possibly sign up for a half marathon.

Yes, sounds v similar, 12 stone would be a good target for me. I’m currently 13 and 2 lb, but at my lightest I remember weighing myself after a half marathon about 5 years ago and it showing 11 stone dead. I think those days are gone, and it didn’t suit me that thin tbh, so yeah, I’m gonna aim for 12 too. I think that’s more realistic and sustainable for me. I know I need to run for longer than 30mins/5km though - I need to get back to at least one 1 hour/8 mile run a week alongside the shorter ones to help lose the weight though, even if it’s a slower pace.
Good luck with your progress pal, and let me know how you get on!

Yes, sounds v similar, 12 stone would be a good target for me. I’m currently 13 and 2 lb, but at my lightest I remember weighing myself after a half marathon about 5 years ago and it showing 11 stone dead. I think those days are gone, and it didn’t suit me that thin tbh, so yeah, I’m gonna aim for 12 too. I think that’s more realistic and sustainable for me. I know I need to run for longer than 30mins/5km though - I need to get back to at least one 1 hour/8 mile run a week alongside the shorter ones to help lose the weight though, even if it’s a slower pace.
Good luck with your progress pal, and let me know how you get on!
Not sure if you’ve ever done it but did the Chester half marathon a few years ago and Christ that was hard. Straight out of the race course to start and first mile all uphill on a scorching May/June day. Hurt like hell the whole way round. Toughest one I’ve done. I’m presuming your from Chester pal.

I've started running quite a bit recently. Could anyone recommend a watch /fitness tracker which can store music on so I don't have to run with my phone please? I'm hoping for the cheapest option, but the really cheap fitness bands like xiaomi mi band 4 and Samsung galaxy fit only do music via Bluetooth from phone.

I've started running quite a bit recently. Could anyone recommend a watch /fitness tracker which can store music on so I don't have to run with my phone please? I'm hoping for the cheapest option, but the really cheap fitness bands like xiaomi mi band 4 and Samsung galaxy fit only do music via Bluetooth from phone.
Me and wife have the Apple Watch 4 and that means we don’t need to take our phones to track our runs or listen to music.

Not sure if you’ve ever done it but did the Chester half marathon a few years ago and Christ that was hard. Straight out of the race course to start and first mile all uphill on a scorching May/June day. Hurt like hell the whole way round. Toughest one I’ve done. I’m presuming your from Chester pal.
Try Oldham half if you want a hilly one!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.