Running thread

I got up to running 20ks last weekend but Ive really hurt my calf, ive stretched, iced, compression socked, tense machined.. anyone got suggestions to speed the recovery up?
No, calves can be a twat. Not generally good news with them mate but depends on which part of the muscle you have injured. Soleus is the big problem. I tore mine 4 years ago and still cant trust it now. Spoke to loads of people with similar injuries and all say the same thing. If its not the soleus then you may be alright after rest and physio. Get a foam roller

No, calves can be a twat. Not generally good news with them mate but depends on which part of the muscle you have injured. Soleus is the big problem. I tore mine 4 years ago and still cant trust it now. Spoke to loads of people with similar injuries and all say the same thing. If its not the soleus then you may be alright after rest and physio. Get a foam roller
cheers, will do some reading around the soleus... I do plenty of foam rolling anyway as part of my normal routine. right pain in the backside as I was well and truly stuck into getting my miles up.

Contemplating running marathon distance in sane day as you, see what I can get up to by end of next week, what date you attempting it?

have to admit, i'm putting the idea on hold - just done 10 miles admittedly a very tough route - but found it a struggle near the end.

i'm gonna do 15 saturday - then see how i feel if i can do the marathon distance

was aiming to do it 14 May, my 500th run.

have to admit, i'm putting the idea on hold - just done 10 miles admittedly a very tough route - but found it a struggle near the end.

i'm gonna do 15 saturday - then see how i feel if i can do the marathon distance

was aiming to do it 14 May, my 500th run.
Ok well good luck with it, I’ll see where I’m at in a couple of weeks.

Ice it 3 days then alternate between heat n ice.then light stretching and foam roall it for a week then more intense stretching.then try a light jog if ok increase daily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.