Running thread

That's quick!

Think my quickest was about 24.30(ish) but that was on a treadmill.........
I’d be happy now to get down to a comfortable 25 minutes. Currently at around 26 minutes but only really been back running over the last 3/4 weeks after nearly a year of nothing. Used to be able to get under 20 mins but those days are long gone. I always felt if I could get to 5 minute k’s comfortably, then that was my baseline. Then chip away at that over time.

I've done a lot in April.
I was doing the Manchester marathon but hopefully now that's in October.
However I've run most days on my own and shed about a stone.
Its helped me cope a lot as I get stressed and have a bit of anxiety.

I've done a lot in April.
I was doing the Manchester marathon but hopefully now that's in October.
However I've run most days on my own and shed about a stone.
Its helped me cope a lot as I get stressed and have a bit of anxiety.
Well done. It does take your mind off things. I listen to audiobooks during my runs.

I did @Rascal's questionnaire, and I must be the most relaxed person in England. Literally nothing gives me stress or anxiety.

So doing a "first to 100km" with my mates has got me out the house, I am only walking at the minute though as I need to shift a few pounds before I would feel comfortable running. Been doing about 5-10km walk a day just to get used to the distance, get the legs moving and so on but looking to start running when I can.

I’d be happy now to get down to a comfortable 25 minutes. Currently at around 26 minutes but only really been back running over the last 3/4 weeks after nearly a year of nothing. Used to be able to get under 20 mins but those days are long gone. I always felt if I could get to 5 minute k’s comfortably, then that was my baseline. Then chip away at that over time.

My sort of times too pal. 25 mins is a good target of 5 x 5 mins @ 12km/hour, then getting to 8 minute mile pace should take you down to 24 mins. I once crept under 24 mins for a park run about 5 years ago, but I must have been a stone and a half lighter then. Which does help ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.