Running thread

Just taken the plunge and ordered some new trainers (after the last botched effort) - Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit.

Reading reviews they keep you going over distance (so I expect more cushioned and nicer on joints etc).

I will provide feedback once I have been out in them..........

Nice slow 50 minute run tonight. Hardly broke sweat and kept my heart rate between 120-130. As others have said it hardly feels like I have been out for a run and very enjoyable.

Strange feeling running so slowly and I do struggle with, the natural competitiveness, when you see other runners but going to stick with it as the benefits are obvious.

Also picked up the 80/20 book so hopefully that will motivate me.

Nice slow 50 minute run tonight. Hardly broke sweat and kept my heart rate between 120-130. As others have said it hardly feels like I have been out for a run and very enjoyable.

Strange feeling running so slowly and I do struggle with, the natural competitiveness, when you see other runners but going to stick with it as the benefits are obvious.

Also picked up the 80/20 book so hopefully that will motivate me.
Are you not constantly staring at your heart rate device - think I would struggle with that (or do you half get used to the 'feel' or that pace)?

Are you not constantly staring at your heart rate device - think I would struggle with that (or do you half get used to the 'feel' or that pace)?

Yes just what you said really. At the outset you do, but then you just get into the rhythm of the run and then just check sporadically.

Biggest challenge is getting used to a slower pace and not chasing targets like PBs etc. I do get a sense of value from seeing a fast K on my Garmin or watching the metres tick down.

Just taken the plunge and ordered some new trainers (after the last botched effort) - Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit.

Reading reviews they keep you going over distance (so I expect more cushioned and nicer on joints etc).

I will provide feedback once I have been out in them..........
Had them and found they pinched my little toes too much, they’re quite narrow around the toes for me, are very cushioned though so if that’s what your looking for they’ll be fine.

Had them and found they pinched my little toes too much, they’re quite narrow around the toes for me, are very cushioned though so if that’s what your looking for they’ll be fine.

I had the same issue with Solomon trail running shoes, annoying as I picked them up in Poland so no chance of a return. Not sure of the reasoning quite a few makes seem quite tight around the toes as its bloody painful going down the hills.

Bollocks I may struggle a bit then - saying that my current ones are Nike (pretty bogstandard gym trainers so hopefully I get lucky).......

Had achilles trouble for years on and off, done a lot of boxing training which contributes to it. Skipping and planting your feet in the right position to throw shots can exacerbate the problem severely.

How did the injury occur ? Was it when running or sprinting or working the bag ? Did he rest it completely or was he still doing some exercise ?

I’m no expert but I’ve always found that keeping your calves strong acts as a protective shield to some extent. And any time he feels any tenderness get some ice on it or if his calf gets tight get some heat on it.
Cheers for that BBB.

He did think his lack of hip rotation on the bag was causing issues but isn’t sure which of the 3 disciplines caused it to flare up.

Are my concerns on running shoes relevant. I did a little bit myself years ago and the owner if Running Bear in Alderley Edge watched me run and then gave me a selection of shoes to chose from.

Yes just what you said really. At the outset you do, but then you just get into the rhythm of the run and then just check sporadically.

Biggest challenge is getting used to a slower pace and not chasing targets like PBs etc. I do get a sense of value from seeing a fast K on my Garmin or watching the metres tick down.

I had a similar experience. At first I was checking my aerobic zone on my watch frequently, but I soon got used to the pace.

My watch has a feature that allows me to set alarms. At first I set two alarms, one at each end of my aerobic zone. The stupid thing buzzed whenever it crossed either, in either direction. I was constantly checking it. I deleted the low aerobic alarm though, so now when it buzzes, I know it's gone above the aerobic zone, so I just ease my already easy pace until it buzzes again.

I had a strange run yesterday though. 14k, early morning, and I felt as though I was running at my natural pace, rather than forcing a slower pace. My time was noticeably faster, I still felt good, but I was venturing out of my aerobic and into my intermediate zone quite frequently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.