Running thread

The price has always put me off when I've looked at the Salomon vests but then the reviews are great. I guess you get what you pay for. I've tried on cheaper ones in Decathlon but they felt a bit uncomfortable.

I've got a small inov-8 soft bottle that I run with but I need a bit more liquid now it's getting hotter. Been looking at the Salomon sensibelts but I'm unsure.

Yes, I know what you mean. The Salomon vest is 60 quid, which is not far off another pair of decent running trainers.

I have found the Decathlon belt pretty decent, but its only really much use with small water bottles, so not much use on longer runs, at this time of year. I might bite the bullet though as with the Marathon in October, hopefully will be doing some decent runs, in decent weather.

What I did notice with the Salomon its a different type of clipping system at the front, much better than the standards clips which have a tendency to dig in. Also the pockets are very deep, so although no zips, you dont worry a phone might fall out.

Last edited:
Too warm for me today for running as I opted for a hilly cycle ride instead with 2000 feet of climbing. Perfect weather for it and thoroughly enjoyable.

Credit to those running the 10K race. It will be interesting to see if the heat affected the times compared to last time.

Finished my run in 1:16:48. I know it's not very fast, but it was very hilly. And it's wet here in the Hebrides!
fd46dbac52ce7d0be4789a9d1c76e9c1.jpg
03b60267eb1cb3f5013b38a3064b2292.jpg

Just completed the 10k after running a 10k earlier in the day but completely forgetting about the Blue Moon event. Thanks @BlueHammer85 for organising.
Good time that Frank especially in the circumstances.

I had great views of Lancs hills today on the bike but not like Hebrides I think.

I am hoping to keep fit with running and cycling so I could visit the wilder scenery in my retirement........:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.