Running thread

Really need a kick up the ass at the moment as feel like i've lost all motivation. Not been out for a week now and feeling lethargic and unmotivated. No excuses really, just need to get my ass in gear and get out. Its so easy to miss a few days and before you know it you are out of the routine.
JFDI!!!!!!! ;-)

Just so you know I am exactly the same matey - get out of the habit and struggle to start again...........

Out of interest, has anyone ever listened to podcasts when running rather than music? I like the idea but not sure if I'd be able to concentrate when listening to Brian Cox explaining what dark matter is when I'm blowing out my arse.

Is it viable?

Dragged myself round 5k at a very slow pace but at least its done. Will do another one tomorrow and hopefully gets my energy levels back up again.
Brilliant effort - I did a 5k earlier on and apparently recorded my quickest Mile (didn't realise I was putting that much into it).

A fair chunk was downhill but still.........

Out of interest, has anyone ever listened to podcasts when running rather than music? I like the idea but not sure if I'd be able to concentrate when listening to Brian Cox explaining what dark matter is when I'm blowing out my arse.

Is it viable?
Someone mentioned on here about a Nicky Weaver interview that I keep meaning to give a go but forgetting.........

Any recommendations on waterproof/ok to get wet headphones? I've broken two sets in a row now due to taking out in wet weather. One earphone has gone on each set.
Depends... As an audiophile, sound quality is important to me. I also don't get on with cables dangling all over the place. So I now use 'true wireless' earbuds and the ones I've got are the Jabra Elite 65t. Literally one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Is it viable?
Yep! I always start my runs with an episode of Help - I Sexted My Boss then music after that. I also listen to Adam Buxton's podcast and I did used to listen to The Infinite Monkey Cage but seem to have got out of that one recently. I usually get so absorbed in the audio that I effectively forget that I'm running.

Last edited:
Any recommendations on waterproof/ok to get wet headphones? I've broken two sets in a row now due to taking out in wet weather. One earphone has gone on each set.
I run in aftershokz, they waterproof, Ive had them out in pouring rain for hours and not had any problems. They also great in that you can hear everything thats going on around you and still have music on, I was a bit dubious of the technology at first but gave them a go and wouldnt run with anything else now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.