Running thread

Day 616.

heavy session weekend, lack of sleep and a Nando’s at lunch today took its toll. 4 miles in 48 mins. Stomach cramps all the way
That is a great effort. Very well done. You should definitely do a second anniversary run in aid of a charity, when the time comes.

Got cramp in hamstring on Sunday at 6k mark and had to stop. A week after such a good run too. Stopped to avoid any pinging. Thought I'd check if my 5 k was a good time, and my watch battery died at 4k. Planning some stretches etc. I can still run to get blood circulating but easing off this week.

Anyone heard if the new measures coming into play next week will effect the planned lifting of Park Runs?
Seems sports are out of these new rules...but often park runs are just meet-ups and chats with more speed.

Anyone on here doing the virtual Great North Run tomorrow?

I've got an injury so might just jog it but we will see. They're really pushing for everyone to download their ridiculous app so you have to listen to fake crowd noise and motivational messages from a series of Geordie twats, and trying to make everyone start at one of two specified times. It's only after digging around that I discovered that this is all entirely optional and you can just fill in a form with your times if you want to ignore all of that crap.

Last edited:
Anyone on here doing the virtual Great North Run tomorrow?

I've got an injury so might just jog it but we will see. They're really pushing for everyone to download their ridiculous app so you have listen to fake crowd noise and motivational messages from a series of Geordie twats, and trying to make everyone start at one of two specified times. It's only after digging around that I discovered that this is all entirely optional and you can just fill in a form with your times if you want to ignore all of that crap.

You panicked me there! But realised tomorrow is Sunday.
Yeh I’m doing this one aswell, Great North in Kent! 2020 everyone.
My first virtual one - quite looking forward to trying it and the app. Sounds interesting- luckily I’m used to running with my phone so shouldn’t be a problem.
But yeh it does say option without the app aswell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.