Running thread

Loving the chat about the walkers getting in the way, hopefully a few of you on here got to see my great arguments in the corona thread last week about it!

Thats why I run in Heaton Park as it gives best chance of staying out of the way of majority of muppets. It’s fucking torturous. I’d honestly say that 75% of the people I come across on a daily basis give zero effort to move out of the way, it’s shocking. My favourite is when 2 people are stationary, socially distancing to the max, probably 3 metres apart, whilst having a chat with one stood at each edge of the path. They see you coming and ignore and make no effort to accommodate so you have no choice but to go straight down the middle, met by much tutting. Kills me.

Anyway, on a positive note for myself, my aches and pains are finally relenting, I’m trying to stretch my hammies out as much as possible, and getting back to 5 runs a week, starting to feel a bit faster so all heading in right direction.

I’m finding running past people is getting more awkward by each day.
so many scared elderly out there that literally freeze in fear as you run miles wide of them, sometimes if I see someone on the pavement I practically go in the middle of the road to avoid being near them yet some give no acknowledgement and instead a look of disgust , especially those outside walking wearing masks.

A lad that had his own running group (running group obviously put on hold with Covid) that lives in my area passed away last night he was a fit and healthy young man and just dropped dead whilst he was on his evening run. Was rushed to hospital but didn't make it.

It's scary to think a young lad who is so physically fit and healthy can go just like that. An absolute gentleman too.

A lad that had his own running group (running group obviously put on hold with Covid) that lives in my area passed away last night he was a fit and healthy young man and just dropped dead whilst he was on his evening run. Was rushed to hospital but didn't make it.

It's scary to think a young lad who is so physically fit and healthy can go just like that. An absolute gentleman too.
That's very sad. It goes to show that you can never tell when you might go. Although at 59, with no health scares so far, I think I'm ok for a few years.

A heard that an old friend of mine who lived in Brooklands died yesterday or today of a heart attack. He was only 44 and a big Blue.

That's very sad. It goes to show that you can never tell when you might go. Although at 59, with no health scares so far, I think I'm ok for a few years.

A heard that an old friend of mine who lived in Brooklands died yesterday or today of a heart attack. He was only 44 and a big Blue.
Hopefully you have plenty of years left in you mate, When your time is up it's up that's why it's important to live everyday like it's your last and enjoy it. Unfortunately it takes stuff like this to make you realise that.

I would love to run somewhere like Llandudno. The north promenade is very wide, so you can almost guarantee no interference from other people. It is 3k long, so you could easily do 6k there and back without ascending a single metre.

If you felt more ambitious, you could run around the Great Orme - around 9k, with some uphills and downhills. You could go to the top of the Orme and down again - around 8k with a 200m ascent. Definitely not one I would fancy.

Or you could cover almost any length running around the area between the two Ormes and the West Shore on nice wide footpaths.

I ran around Derwentwater last summer. It was flat, sunny, early and fantastic in all repects. A few days later I tried running to Walla Crag. Big mistake. Uphill was exhausting and down the other side was a scramble.
Done Conway half couple of times... tough run going up there.

Just done a 5k in Heaton, wowzers, the busiest I’ve seen it since last Summer. Absolutely mobbed. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame people getting out today, it’s relatively mild and dry. Made sure I just accepted it’d be difficult today, no point getting irate, was never going to easy. Extendable dog leads everywhere, lol.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed it, and feeling better each day. Just need to get back down to 26 mins, that’s my goal for next few weeks.

Very sorry to read this.

It seems that, when this happens to runners, it's usually down to an undiagnosed heart condition.

If you ever feel any kind of palpitations, irregular rhythms or chest discomfort, please please get it checked.

I used to get palpitations. I saw doctors a few times; they just dismissed it. One day at work, I got a text from my wife telling me that she'd got me another GP appointment for that very day after work!

Along I went and got the usual "It's nothing; just watch your caffeine..." from the doctor. However, he did send me for an ECG, just to be sure.

Turned out I had a congenital heart defect. Soon after, I was on the operating table with my sternum being sawed open for open heart surgery.

I'd already run several marathons by this point (I was about 38). It's frightening to think what could have happened.

Very sorry to read this.

It seems that, when this happens to runners, it's usually down to an undiagnosed heart condition.

If you ever feel any kind of palpitations, irregular rhythms or chest discomfort, please please get it checked.

I used to get palpitations. I saw doctors a few times; they just dismissed it. One day at work, I got a text from my wife telling me that she'd got me another GP appointment for that very day after work!

Along I went and got the usual "It's nothing; just watch your caffeine..." from the doctor. However, he did send me for an ECG, just to be sure.

Turned out I had a congenital heart defect. Soon after, I was on the operating table with my sternum being sawed open for open heart surgery.

I'd already run several marathons by this point (I was about 38). It's frightening to think what could have happened.
Brilliant post! Very true, Any discomfort its important not to just brush it off and go and get checked.
Thank god you went and got checked fair play to your wife too making sure you did go. Glad to hear your ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.