Running thread

Hi Soma
I do Stretford my best time about 20.30 though generally low 21's
im working on my 5km time this year and am hoping weekly hill reps and some speed work will help get me closer to sub 20.
Alex Park is a fast course too.
Be interested to see how you get on mate.

Might need to follow a similar routine although I’m currently way off full fitness.

thanks!

Alright everyone, longtime lurker on this thread but first time poster... I’ve been a regular 5 and 10km runner for a good few years and after shedding nearly 2 Stone since Christmas have managed to get my times right down. My step son wants me to do a half marathon with him so do you reckon I can dive straight in or up my distances bit by bit? Any advice welcome, cheers!

Alright everyone, longtime lurker on this thread but first time poster... I’ve been a regular 5 and 10km runner for a good few years and after shedding nearly 2 Stone since Christmas have managed to get my times right down. My step son wants me to do a half marathon with him so do you reckon I can dive straight in or up my distances bit by bit? Any advice welcome, cheers!
Hi mate. Welcome.

I was a similar position to you a few months ago. I used to do the odd park run and a few longer runs every now and then. I ran a half marathon a few weeks ago because of this thread.

I upped my distance bit by bit. I quickly got to a point where I’d be finishing a 10 mile run and still had plenty left in the tank. I didn’t get carried away, even though I did feel I could have done more, I waited until the following week and just upped my long run by a km or two. Before you know it you’re doing a half marathon.

So that worked for me and had no injuries. Listen to your body but don’t over do it would be my advice.

Hi mate. Welcome.

I was a similar position to you a few months ago. I used to do the odd park run and a few longer runs every now and then. I ran a half marathon a few weeks ago because of this thread.

I upped my distance bit by bit. I quickly got to a point where I’d be finishing a 10 mile run and still had plenty left in the tank. I didn’t get carried away, even though I did feel I could have done more, I waited until the following week and just upped my long run by a km or two. Before you know it you’re doing a half marathon.

So that worked for me and had no injuries. Listen to your body but don’t over do it would be my advice.
Thanks mate, appreciate your advice. Will start stretching my distances bit by bit

Year ago today started couchto5k to get some exercise, lose some weight and just get out as working from home. Found was turning on PC at half 7 and barely moving until turning it off at half 5. At the time couldn't run for bus, struggled with the first run, previously had ran a 10k in 1980s. Now running roughly 3 5ks a week and try to fit in slightly longer one. Changed diet, lost over a stone and down a size in jeans. Thanks to everyone on here for hints, tips and inspiration

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.