Running thread

Alright everyone, longtime lurker on this thread but first time poster... I’ve been a regular 5 and 10km runner for a good few years and after shedding nearly 2 Stone since Christmas have managed to get my times right down. My step son wants me to do a half marathon with him so do you reckon I can dive straight in or up my distances bit by bit? Any advice welcome, cheers!
I was in a similar position a few years ago. I just gradually built up my 5ks to 10k, then a 15k, then about a year ago my first ever half marathon. I ended up running four HMs during last year's lockdown, and then the Bluemoon Virtual HM about a month ago.

I would say once you have a 15k under your belt, you should be able to complete a HM.

Reactions: ob
I was in a similar position a few years ago. I just gradually built up my 5ks to 10k, then a 15k, then about a year ago my first ever half marathon. I ended up running four HMs during last year's lockdown, and then the Bluemoon Virtual HM about a month ago.

I would say once you have a 15k under your belt, you should be able to complete a HM.
Thanks mate, appreciate the advice. Not so sure I’m looking forward to it but feeling more confident!

3rd run in two weeks after my 3.5 months Covid downtime last night.

It feels like if did when I first started running (hard and without any noticeable benefits....yet).
Probably why many stop doing it. But I broke through the 6min per KM last night so I'm gathering pace albeit slowly.

Absolutely feeling better though....that sprite is returning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.