Running thread

How come everyone is 10 to 13 minutes faster than me?!??

We don’t walk round?

Seriously mate it’s down to training, how often are you running a week? I run at least 3 plus other stuff.
Vary my runs regular from 5k to half marathon distances during the week, speed training intervals help also.
What weight are you? I’d guess after seeing you this morning you’re around 14/15 stone? I’m 11, makes a difference.
I only started 18 months or so ago, could run a bit before but not as the pace I do now, not for 30 years at least.

We don’t walk round?

Seriously mate it’s down to training, how often are you running a week? I run at least 3 plus other stuff.
Vary my runs regular from 5k to half marathon distances during the week, speed training intervals help also.
What weight are you? I’d guess after seeing you this morning you’re around 14/15 stone? I’m 11, makes a difference.
I only started 18 months or so ago, could run a bit before but not as the pace I do now, not for 30 years at least.

I am just doing the park runs mate. Going to try and start doing 5k on wednesdays as well and 5 a side every Monday. 15 stone 8! Not been 11 stone since I was about ten!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just doing the park runs mate. Going to try and start doing 5k on wednesdays as well and 5 a side every Monday. 15 stone 8! Not been 11 stone since I was about ten!

You’ll struggle to get times down running once a week mate, the park run is the one that’s NOT set in stone for me, Monday is always a gentle 3-5 miles, Wednesday 5-8 miles, Sunday can range between 8-21 depending on what I’m training for.
Weights down to 11 due to all the training.

You’ll struggle to get times down running once a week mate, the park run is the one that’s NOT set in stone for me, Monday is always a gentle 3-5 miles, Wednesday 5-8 miles, Sunday can range between 8-21 depending on what I’m training for.
Weights down to 11 due to all the training.

Yep. Similar routine.
I try to do 2 - 4/5 miles in the week
And weekend park run and 10+ Miles.
And gym in between.
Not often I can get a full week like that as my work and mates are raging alcoholics.

Just done 10k,(51minutes) got back to Bogart hole Clough and Great Run Local were putting on a trial 5k (24 minutes) so did that as well.
Shattered now but shower and then out for the match, earned a beer or 2 this weekend.

Bloody hell! I can hardly walk after yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.